PDA

View Full Version : Strange items acting strange

skyvizer
08-01-2012, 22:50
I've been working with a friend for a bit, trying to get the plugin working properly on our servers. After a while, we figured exactly how to assign attributes and such, and so went about creating weapons. However, strange items did not track weapon kills, even when attributed exactly like the original weapon. Eventually we realized we were still missing an attribute, number 214. Here's an example weapon we made.

"Steam ID goes here"
{
"230" //Sniper's The Sydney Sleeper
{
"quality" "6"
"level" "100"

"1" "175 ; 8" //8 second jarate
"2" "41 ; 1.25" //25% faster charge
"3" "42 ; 1" //no headshots
"4" "15 ; 0" //no random crits
"5" "134 ; 35" //Smoke
"6" "189 ; 11" //Strange
"7" "214 ; 8" //Count kills
}
}

Before you think I'm a silly, there is a proper Steam ID there. Internet privacy and whatnot, y'know.

Anyways. We loaded that up, and equipped a strange Sydney Sleeper. This was the result.

http://img232.**************/img232/9382/lookatit2.png

If anybody knows a way to get "custom" strange weapons to display the proper killcount, I would greatly appreciate knowing how to do it. They're not really custom I don't know if it's considered morally wrong to use this plugin for unusual effects on weapons, but that's what we're doing. All attributes are the exact same as they are without the TF2items plugin.

DarthNinja
08-02-2012, 01:06
It's not clear if you're trying to make a normal weapon "strange", or if you're trying to modify a strange weapon.

The first wont work, the second needs only preserve-attributes. :rtfm:

skyvizer
08-02-2012, 01:09
The second option. I think I will go RTFM now. Thank you.

asherkin
08-02-2012, 05:30
You can't add the requisite attributes with TF2Items, as it only supports the original float attributes.
You'll have to use preserve-attributes.