Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?

Post New Thread Reply   

SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 12-13-2006 , 23:27   What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #1

http://www.csnation.net/viewnews.php/8576/

discuss.

I personally hate the idea. They owe me money.

Last edited by SweatyBanana; 12-13-2006 at 23:49.
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 12-13-2006 , 23:31   Re: What are all of your opinoins on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #2

opinoins? None. Opinions? It is their decision, and I want to make an informed decision, so I will wait until it comes out to make my decision.
BANNED
Old 12-13-2006 , 23:32   Re: What are all of your opinoins on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #3

Dumb Idea.
Send a message via ICQ to Charming Send a message via AIM to Charming Send a message via MSN to Charming Send a message via Yahoo to Charming
bonafide
Old 12-13-2006 , 23:49   Re: What are all of your opinoins on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #4

Idiotic idea.
BANNED
Old 12-14-2006 , 00:17   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #5

That's bullshit. I pay for a server, and you put ads on MY fucking server, your giving my some of that revenue because IM the one paying for the fucking server. If I turn the corner and I seem some god damned pepsi ad I'm going to kill myself. They already fucked up CS:S, now they're going to fuck up 1.6. Once its pay-to-play, I'm quiting CS.
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 12-14-2006 , 00:34   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #6

Actually, you purchase serverspace, aka hard drive, CPU, and bandwidth leasing. You are not paying for the server at all as it is provided free by Valve.
sawce
The null pointer exception error and virtual machine bug
Old 12-14-2006 , 00:41   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #7

Uh...

He most certainly pays for the server. Server can and does mean the actual hardware. It also can mean "dedicated server", or the application part, which IS provided free from valve. However it alone is nothing without good hardware.

I think at the very least they should allow a way for server administrators to control 1 ad.
bad
Old 12-14-2006 , 03:21   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehCaesar View Post
That's bullshit. I pay for a server, and you put ads on MY fucking server, your giving my some of that revenue because IM the one paying for the fucking server. If I turn the corner and I seem some god damned pepsi ad I'm going to kill myself. They already fucked up CS:S, now they're going to fuck up 1.6. Once its pay-to-play, I'm quiting CS.
Actually, considering its their game, they can do anything they want with it. You agreed to the EULA so....they can do anything with it. Look at how they moved us from WON to STEAM.
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2006 , 03:40   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKbEsEGXW04

Besides the fact that it's not actually a minute, and that not everyone here likes G4TV or Morgan Webb, I agree with her. I payed for Counter-Strike, I'm paying for internet service, the server ops payed for all of that and then their server.

This has already been paid for. Why am I looking at ads?
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 12-14-2006 , 03:42   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #10

^2