Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Hero: Spider-Man V2

Post New Thread Reply   

NeogaidenX
Old 08-24-2006 , 10:38   Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #1

Spider-Man V2
// Spider Sense Ability is based on hero Psylocke by StuD|MaN !!
[IMG]http://img228.**************/img228/7212/spidermanchoicerw9.png[/IMG]

Description
You can Jump Higher and have Spider Sense
Jump Ability: Press and Hold Jump, before hitting ground press Keydown to Jump even higher

Cvars
Code:
//Spider-Man V2
spiderv2_level 3
spiderv2_jumpheight 600  //How high can Spider-Man V2 jump (default=600)
Zip File contains Amxx, Sma
Attached Files
File Type: zip sh_spidermanv2.zip (14.0 KB, 2253 views)

Last edited by NeogaidenX; 08-24-2006 at 18:37.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-24-2006 , 12:57   Re: Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #2

Double jump doesn't really fit Spider-Man, there is already a hero that does this named Mario. And Spider Sense has already been done too with a hero named Spider, but that could use a fixup and a name change. While they are done a little different the premise is pretty much the same. I applaud the effort, but I would stop looking at other heroes or combining heroes to make new ones. Rather I would come up with something that hasn't been done before since you seem to be the only one that has been making heroes lately that aren't complete rips because you understand at least some coding. (Emp` took credit for Psylocke? I don't think so).

Oh and I despise using version in heroes names v2 v3... Loses all the character or effort in finding/assigning a good hero name. There's probably 20 different spider-man's, if you wanted to be lazy you could've just found another name the character has gone by like "Ultimate Spider-Man".
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-24-2006 , 15:06   Re: Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #3

i would suggest making ultimate spiderman like vittu suggested and combine all the spidermans.

PS: i would like my name removed from the psylocke credit.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
NeogaidenX
Old 08-24-2006 , 18:30   Re: Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
Double jump doesn't really fit Spider-Man, there is already a hero that does this named Mario. And Spider Sense has already been done too with a hero named Spider, but that could use a fixup and a name change. While they are done a little different the premise is pretty much the same. I applaud the effort, but I would stop looking at other heroes or combining heroes to make new ones. Rather I would come up with something that hasn't been done before since you seem to be the only one that has been making heroes lately that aren't complete rips because you understand at least some coding. (Emp` took credit for Psylocke? I don't think so).

Oh and I despise using version in heroes names v2 v3... Loses all the character or effort in finding/assigning a good hero name. There's probably 20 different spider-man's, if you wanted to be lazy you could've just found another name the character has gone by like "Ultimate Spider-Man".
the double jump.. i was trying to do something like hold +power and jump and doesnt works.. so i decided to post my backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp` View Post
i would suggest making ultimate spiderman like vittu suggested and combine all the spidermans.

PS: i would like my name removed from the psylocke credit.
done.

Last edited by NeogaidenX; 08-24-2006 at 18:35.
codraptor
Old 08-24-2006 , 18:49   Re: Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #5

wait why not make it to where when u hold jump long enough it jumps higher and higher and so on... instead of just binding a key then you can make the keydown the web swing or what not
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-24-2006 , 19:17   Re: Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by codraptor View Post
wait why not make it to where when u hold jump long enough it jumps higher and higher and so on... instead of just binding a key then you can make the keydown the web swing or what not
In other words you can see if they are holding the jump down and just keep adding to their velocity up to a max height/time or something similar.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
codraptor
Old 08-24-2006 , 20:07   Re: Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #7

Yeah if you put it like that then yes I think it would be like the original spider-man am I right? Just put the max jumps and / or height the player may jump to and maybe make it to where when you walk to a wall you can walk up it without having to bind a power (scarlet spider). Make all the spider powers come true (well at least some of them). To show you some of the cvars I came up with here they are...

Code:

CVARS

spiderman_health # -Health the player has.
spiderman_armor # -Armor the player has.
spiderman_webs # - Ammount of web swings a player has. spiderman_highjump_num # -Max jumps player can jump up to.(optinal) spiderman_heightjump # -Max height a player can jump up to.(optinal) spiderman_wall_speed # -How fast he goes up a wall.(optinal)
And heres some powers if you decide to make it like this:

Can walk up walls, able to use web swing, spider sense, jump multiple times, (if posible use a second bind key to) use a web to wrap someone up in such as "Wonder Woman" but make it a web not a lasso, gives more damage for knife only, maybe for a player model make it spider-man (that would be awsome), and your knife could have webs wraped around it!

It may be alot I know but hey its spider-man he rocks! You should make it how he really is, not just add some powers, add as much as he really has, if he has more then one bind power then keep the power that is more useful instead of one that is pretty much useless if I knew how to make a hero I would make this hero and show you what I mean.

Last edited by codraptor; 08-25-2006 at 23:18.
Send a message via Yahoo to codraptor
codraptor
Old 08-24-2006 , 22:13   Re: Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #8

Well... I tried to make the fixed version of this but when I compiled it... the compile failed and I tried to fix some of it by using rips of "Wonder Woman" as a bound key, and used "Scarlet-Spider" to walk up to a wall and walk up it but I couldnt find out how to remove the bound key and replace it with walking into a wall and walking up it. =( So i decided to...
quit (Duh) ill wait for someone else to make it im not to good at it im new and un-experienced so if someone makes it tell me! Btw I named the fixed version "Ultimate-Spider" or for the short version "ultimates" fell free to use "ultimates" as a .sma file like so "sh_ultimates.sma" and so on...
Just in case your wondering I used the "Online Compiler" cause I dont know how to use "Triple-Compiler" or the compiler that comes with amxx so maybe that might be the problem I dont know but use one your comfortable with. Myself I prefere the "Online Compiler" cause its much easier to use =P.
Old 08-25-2006 , 04:22   Re: Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #9

its highjump_num is only set to 1 on the sma/amxx
Code:
register_cvar("highjump_num","1")
can be found on line 39
Old 08-25-2006 , 18:56   Re: Hero: Spider-Man V2
Reply With Quote #10

What are you talking about your guy right? Also are you ganna upgrade cause if so tell me so I can stop trying to =P...

Last edited by codraptor; 08-25-2006 at 20:52.
Send a message via Yahoo to codraptor