Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Surf Prizes

Post New Thread Reply   

Manikstor
Old 06-24-2006 , 16:01   Surf Prizes
Reply With Quote #1

Now This is an Idea For a Coder out there. When You Beat the surf Map And You get a Prize, Godmode,Hook,noclip,health,bunnyhop,fast speed. You name it.

The thing is Most surf maps dont have and end button where u can press it to see that u end it. Therefor we will need to set a limit to when he passes that he beat the map and gets a random prize?

what do u guys think.
Old 06-24-2006 , 21:11   Re: Surf Prizes
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manikstor
Now This is an Idea For a Coder out there. When You Beat the surf Map And You get a Prize, Godmode,Hook,noclip,health,bunnyhop,fast speed. You name it.

The thing is Most surf maps dont have and end button where u can press it to see that u end it. Therefor we will need to set a limit to when he passes that he beat the map and gets a random prize?

what do u guys think.
I already attempted this, it's a stupid idea in general and simply doesn't work.

If you really wanted to do this, you'd have to approach it like Bail did with CSDM and spend a long time on it.

All in all it's not worth it simply because most people simply want to surf, they don't want to be killed and they don't want to be given random prizes that make it more distracting.
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2006 , 22:08   Re: Surf Prizes
Reply With Quote #3

While Hawk makes a good point that people with noclip/other abilities killing them would be annoying, the good surfers in your server may return because they are constantly getting abilities and it may make the surf more interesting as a race to get to the end in order to survive and get abilities.

I believe the easiest way to do this would be on a map by map basis using coordinates and making a box on each map that person must step in in order to teleport back to the beginning and get abilities as well. Maybe use/make a laser box such as in GueekGod's Health replinish plugin.

I would be interested in doing this for you, but I very much doubt it would get approved because many people might see it as redundant for one reason or another.

If I were you I would look into other actions/methods to reward players for finishing the surf. If you are still interested in something like this feel free to contact me, but I doubt it would be worth it to submit for approval.
Manikstor
Old 06-25-2006 , 10:18   Re: Surf Prizes
Reply With Quote #4

Both of u guys have are kinda right most surfers do want to surf And do nothing, And Most of them can finish the map without dying. My surf Players keep coming back to my server so i have no problem with that. I just wanted to give it like a prize like kz mod does.

But then again I think Most servers will use it Because It brings like an extra fun to a surf map.
Old 06-25-2006 , 13:40   Re: Surf Prizes
Reply With Quote #5

My servers wouldnt have it.