Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Yeah frickin' Right.

Post New Thread Reply   

f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2005 , 22:50   Yeah frickin' Right.
Reply With Quote #1

I got this by e-mail today:

Quote:
Mr.John Eze
project manager nigeria
national petroleum corporation
folomo complex lagos nigeria
email:[email protected]
nigeria national petroleum Corporation (NNPC)

ATTN:Sir/madam
I am the project manager with the Nigeria National petroleum Corporation (NNPC).I know you will be surprise to receive this kind of letter seeking for your assistance.To be frank, I got your e-mail address through a close relation of mine who is right now with the Nigeria Chamber of commerce (NCC) though I did not disclosed to him what I will use it for as I only requested for one.

Now the business in question is the transfer of US$22,000,000. This sum came as an over- invoiced sum which we did purposely, during when my corporation awarded contract to some foreign firms which I as the project manager masterminded the whole contract, the foreign contractors have dully received their total contract amount and left the country, leaving this over invoiced sum of USD$22,000,000 floating in the suspense account o my dept in Central bank of Nigeria, waiting to be Transferred to a foreign bank account.

We the officials concerned are still in active service , and the Civil service code of conduct does not warrant us to operate an off-shore account. That is the reason why we are strongly seeking for your assistance in providing your bank information and stand as a sub-contractor so that the fund will be transferred. Please, you are very important in this transaction as every documents covering the transfer of this fund will be in your name.

So all what we are in need now is your banking information and ability to keep it top secret based on the nature of it all. We have mapped out 30% of US$22,000,000. to be for you the account owner, 60% for us while 10% is mapped out for any process of expenses to be incurred on the process of this transfer whether locally here or abroad. On receipt of your bank informations within 14 working days. This fund will be in your nominated account. I will be very grateful to receive this informations from you, and also pleased that you should not betray the trust I reposed in you. As we will be investing part of our share in your country.
I await your immediately reply.
Best regards.

Mr.John Eze

tel:234-80555-28059
email:[email protected]

http://mail.pop.co.th
Right. Going to new lengths to get banking information I see.
Old 06-03-2005 , 23:01  
Reply With Quote #2

LOL, do I smell...SCAM??

What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2005 , 23:31  
Reply With Quote #3

This is kinda old, this guys been scamming people for years. I've heard of similar scams where people say you won some money and they need acount transfering information. Well, the internet is a great thing, but a dangerous place. Don't trust anyone.
except me, Give me your money!!!
Send a message via MSN to Peli
n0obie4life
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2005 , 00:05  
Reply With Quote #4

i've seen people get this type of scam mails, but instead of getting scammed, they scam them instead ;).

bs

f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2005 , 03:48  
Reply With Quote #5

I would take that 30% of 22,000,000.

That's 6,600,000.

Not bad. (If it was real.)
Old 06-04-2005 , 03:59  
Reply With Quote #6

What if they are telling the truth ............. you just lost a LARGE sum of money
Send a message via AIM to sh0rtbus Send a message via MSN to sh0rtbus
Proach
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2005 , 06:09  
Reply With Quote #7

now that is some nice money fidel

www.psmod.net (the better psychostats)
PAOL
Send a message via ICQ to Proach
Extremeone
Old 06-06-2005 , 13:31  
Reply With Quote #8

i got almost the same exact email on four of my email accounts....
BAILOPAN
Old 06-06-2005 , 14:45  
Reply With Quote #9

Legitimate Business!
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-07-2005 , 00:03  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
Legitimate Business!
have you been making up stuff again ...
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason