Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Explosion X

Post New Thread Reply   

TooL
Old 11-23-2004 , 09:34  
Reply With Quote #1

Oh ok - after further review (rtfm)

I was under the impression the "shock" effect was also a visible shockwave like in War3x.

I'll give it a shot!
Old 11-24-2004 , 10:04  
Reply With Quote #2

JGHG - can you point me to the lines I need to remove to stop the effects from HE grenades and just have the effect on bomb explosions only?

Would I need to remove:

OBJECT_GRENADE,

and

GenericShock(origin, SCALE * RADIUS, "grenade", 32, SCALE * POWER, OBJECT_GRENADE)

and

bool:isthisgrenade/*

and

case OBJECT_GRENADE: {
new l_model[16]
entity_get_string(entList[j], EV_SZ_model, l_model, 15)
if (equal(l_model, "models/w_c4.mdl")) // don't move planted c4s :-P
continue
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2004 , 16:52  
Reply With Quote #3

Don't think that does what you think it does. The code you posted makes other grenades fly around, just like in HL2. So you can use one grenade to fling another grenade away really far across a map for some long-distance explosions. Ie you can make a grenade go all the way on de_dust from one side of the tunnel passage to the other one. Kind of hard but it is possible with some practice. :-)

You want to stop he grenade explosions from causing stuff to fly around?

I don't think that can be accomplished easily because this is simply done on all tempent->explosions, and there really isn't likely any straight way to tell what caused an explosion. Actually it shouldn't be, because any explosion would push you back if it's powerful enough.

Of course, all HE explosions are always of the same power, so if you can live with any explosion that has the same power as those not pushing ppl around, it could work of course. Guess there really aren't any other explosions in CS than HE and C4. But there are some custom maps which has some built in explosions that occurs when you do certain stuff....

You'll just have to change how the event is registered.
TooL
Old 11-30-2004 , 00:05  
Reply With Quote #4

Yeah - I just want all HE explosions to be normal. People can't seem to control themselves and throw nades at spawn and people fly everywhere.... into areas that cause skywalking on some maps. Any other explosion would be OK.
Old 02-23-2005 , 21:46  
Reply With Quote #5

this is a great plugin, i currently have it on my server, if you see people abusing it then just kick them, it just adds a bit to the game, i run war3ft so there is already crazy stuff around, the nades just add more fun.

dont know why its rated so low, great plugin Johnny
TooL
Old 02-26-2005 , 20:55  
Reply With Quote #6

Johnny - if I remove this line and recompile will it not affect players?

GenericShock(origin, SCALE * RADIUS, "player", 32, SCALE * POWER, OBJECT_PLAYER)
Old 04-24-2006 , 00:18  
Reply With Quote #7

very cool
ilove this plugin
go!
terrum
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-30-2006 , 15:44   Re: Explosion X
Reply With Quote #8

Can you add a CVAR for this what turns this on and off

Code:
explosion_on "0/1"
or something like that

Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
cs1.6
Old 11-20-2007 , 13:31   Re: Explosion X
Reply With Quote #9

Hello,

do you still suppoert this plugin? Its a great plugin.

It would be even better or perfect, if it could affect grenades on the ground, when you for example use the realnadedrops plugin (Link: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=23340 ). It would be awesome.
Simon Logic
Old 11-22-2007 , 13:09   Re: Explosion X
Reply With Quote #10

really funny plugin, but should be adjusted. it is too impulsive. and should support CSDM items

to support VEN's "real_nade" entities you should insert the line into public EXAPI_GenericShock(Floatrigin0, Floatrigin1, Floatrigin2, const SCALE, const Float:RADIUS, const FloatOWER) function:
Code:
GenericShock(origin, SCALE * RADIUS, "real_nade", 32, SCALE * POWER, OBJECT_GRENADE)