[TF2] Merasmus Spawner - [v.1.5] - [8/04/2013]

Post New Thread Reply   

Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2012 , 13:53   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyelanderules View Post
Not sure if anyone posted this yet or not but on my server when you are turned into a bomb if you run up to merasmus you wont explode only go through him, anyway to fix? Or allow him to do his bomb attack.

Extra info: My custom map has everything that normally keeps merasmus working.
As it seems when i test it, merasmus seems to actually hide fine when i spawn merasmus but he only hides if i spawn him and spam like a valve rocket then theres like a 50% chance he will hide when hes at 0 health and when you find him he will die right away, but thats only give you spam him with 8018 valve rocket as soon as he spawns. Killing him in any other way he wont hide.

More Testing: As it seems if there are 2 merasmuses spawned at a time eather 1 or both hide like normal like on lakeside around about half health without spamming rockets when he is alive than hes normal but only if there are 2 merasmuses spawned at a time. I dont know why he works fine only if there are 2 merasmuses at a time. But the bomb not exploding still does not work.
The reason why he tries to hide when you spam the launcher is because i skipped his hide event. When you use the rocket launcher, it's doing too much damage that it's going past his half-health. Basically if you set his health at 10000, his actual health becomes 20000 but his health bar will only show 10000. He begins to hide when he is half health, but when he hits half of his health, i force him to go to 0 health and he dies, skipping his whole hide event. I did this because, if you looked a few pages back, you will see that he is buggy with hiding without proper caching of prop models and might crash and that he spams a lag fest of particles.

The reason why he does not explode is probably because it's hard-coded. Or it is probably a logic entity that does it. But i think it's hard-coded to the map. I could try to make the plugin do it, but i am unsure if the headbomb is a prop_data or just a head model in third person and stunned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exelero View Post
If round end while Merasmus alive the ato-spawn will not work in next round.

Sorry for my bad english
It does not auto-spawn until you manually spawn him yourself, i'll be fixing that later.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 12-19-2012 at 13:54.
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2012 , 14:09   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
I could try to make the plugin do it, but i am unsure if the headbomb is a prop_data or just a head model in third person and stunned.
I've looked inside of the bomb before, and the normal head is still there inside, so it's unlikely to be a replaced head model (unless two models can be applied).
Old 12-19-2012 , 16:02   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
The reason why he tries to hide when you spam the launcher is because i skipped his hide event. When you use the rocket launcher, it's doing too much damage that it's going past his half-health. Basically if you set his health at 10000, his actual health becomes 20000 but his health bar will only show 10000. He begins to hide when he is half health, but when he hits half of his health, i force him to go to 0 health and he dies, skipping his whole hide event. I did this because, if you looked a few pages back, you will see that he is buggy with hiding without proper caching of prop models and might crash and that he spams a lag fest of particles.

The reason why he does not explode is probably because it's hard-coded. Or it is probably a logic entity that does it. But i think it's hard-coded to the map. I could try to make the plugin do it, but i am unsure if the headbomb is a prop_data or just a head model in third person and stunned.
I see. Well i made my own custom map so i put a dynamic model of the ammo packs in a nodraw box in my map so my server prevents the crash when he hides but when he does hide if you kill the hiding model it drops a temp medium ammo box (Which is completely fine and not game breaking at all) Any version i can use that the hiding is still allowed? It would be awesome if he could still teleport and explode when your the bomb.

Last edited by Eyelanderules; 12-19-2012 at 16:05.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2012 , 16:48   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #114

Tried to use m_nHalloweeenBombHeadStage but did not seem to work, a few day after the Halloween update.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 12-19-2012 at 16:48.
Eyelanderules
Old 12-19-2012 , 17:55   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #115

Can you possibly make a command that enables or disabled merasmus hiding?
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2012 , 23:30   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #116

Can you possibly update the Headless Horseman spawner with the features of this plugin?

Its not nearly as good as this one.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2012 , 17:52   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #117

I don't plan of enabling/disabling merasmus hiding.

I could update the horseman plugin with these updates, although i'm thinking of just combining all 3 bosses under a respawn system.
Old 12-29-2012 , 18:27   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
I don't plan of enabling/disabling merasmus hiding.

I could update the horseman plugin with these updates, although i'm thinking of just combining all 3 bosses under a respawn system.
Well that is even better, especially if you include options to control their spawning.

I was going to attempt a plugin to control the other plugins. I wanted to include the following options.
1. An adjustable difficulty and health based on the number of players present on the server.
2. A random boss spawn after an adjustable time limit and possibly a vote to decide the next boss to spawn.

Is that something you might be able to include?
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2012 , 19:54   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #119

Yes, those would be easy to add.

Just need to think if i should post this as a new plugin or an update to this current one.
Old 12-29-2012 , 22:52   Re: [TF2] Merasmus Spawner (1.4.3) [12/11/2012]
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Yes, those would be easy to add.

Just need to think if i should post this as a new plugin or an update to this current one.
I think it should be a new post as long as you are truly adding some new features. Someone made one that combines the last two bosses but all he did was combine the two plugins. He really didn't add anything.