Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SourceMod not working after today's update?

Post New Thread Reply   

Rainicorn
Old 08-16-2012 , 09:56   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #31

I have a bit of a problem. I am not sure if it is a SourceMod issue or just bad configuration on my part.
I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask this question! I couldn't find a similar thread. Any help, advice, or explanation would be much appreciated.

I converted one of my servers to MvM. It is a 32 slot server.
I set sv_visiblemaxplayers to 6 within server.cfg.
SourceMod seems to be running fine. I am using 1.4.5-dev.

The issue is that while I can connect to the server when it is full, no player is kicked to make room for me. I am therefore not being cycled onto the Red team and get permanently stuck in Spectator.

This is the "error" I'm getting in console:
Quote:
MVM assigned Raini - Empress of Ponykind to spectator, all slots for defending team are in use, or reserved for lobby members.
Does anyone know if there is a way for reserved slots to override MVM? I don't understand why a player isn't being kicked to make room on the team.

Last edited by Rainicorn; 08-16-2012 at 09:58.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-16-2012 , 09:58   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainicorn View Post
I have a bit of a problem. I am not sure if it is a SourceMod issue or just bad configuration on my part. I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask this question; I couldn't find a similar thread. Any help, advice, or explanation would be much appreciated.

I converted one of my servers to MvM. It is a 32 slot server.
I set sv_visiblemaxplayers to 6 within server.cfg.
SourceMod seems to be running fine. I am using 1.4.5-dev.

The issue is that while I can connect to the server when it is full, no player is kicked to make room for me. I am therefore not being cycled onto the Red team and get permanently stuck in Spectator.

This is the "error" I'm getting in console:

Does anyone know if there is a way for reserved slots to override MVM? I don't understand why a player isn't being kicked to make room on the team.
Please make a separate thread, this is for issues with SourceMod itself.
I've no doubt a MvM-specific reserved slots plugin will need to be created for it to work properly.
Old 08-16-2012 , 10:04   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #33

That's okay, I just wanted to know if the SourceMod reserved slots plugin itself was broken for MvM or if there was something wrong on my end.

Now that I know it is broken for MvM I don't need to make a thread for it. Thanks for the quick reply and you can delete my post. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Rainicorn; 08-16-2012 at 10:05.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-16-2012 , 11:00   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainicorn View Post
That's okay, I just wanted to know if the SourceMod reserved slots plugin itself was broken for MvM or if there was something wrong on my end.

Now that I know it is broken for MvM I don't need to make a thread for it. Thanks for the quick reply and you can delete my post. Sorry about that.
I'm hoping at some point, Valve will "fix" MvM to only report 6 slots and hide the MvM bots like it does bots in other game modes... and more importantly, not allow players to enter the other 26 slots even when the bots aren't present between waves. As usual, CBaseServer and Connect would still be able to get around this restriction.

I think that would fix 1/4 of the problems with the game mode right there.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-16-2012 at 11:01.
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2012 , 11:31   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #35

I don't know if anyone else is getting this problem, but at first no one could join the server. They'd freeze on the 'Retrieving Serve Info' part of connecting (even when no plugins were loaded - just the basics). After a restart that seems to have fixed things, but now all the weapons/classes seem to act funky. Things like the huntsman having 1 ammo, heavy punching about 20 times a second, scout having 1 HP, sniper rifle doing no damage, shortstop with 0 reload times, and many other things.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 08-16-2012 , 12:18   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #36

I'm still getting crashes every hour or two on full (PVP) servers. (Windows 2008R2 - latest SM snapshot)

I'm seeing alot of "Sys_Error( Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline ServerMapCycle" in the crash dumps.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-16-2012 , 12:18   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
I'm seeing alot of "Sys_Error( Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline ServerMapCycle" in the crash dumps.
This is an engine issue, not with SourceMod.
Old 08-16-2012 , 12:41   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #38

Anything us fellas hosting on Windows can do about the crashes or are we going to have to wait for a windows snapshot? Or is there one we can use right now as a temporary fix?
WebNoob
Old 08-16-2012 , 12:43   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPMonkeys View Post
Anything us fellas hosting on Windows can do about the crashes or are we going to have to wait for a windows snapshot? Or is there one we can use right now as a temporary fix?
It's my understanding that this is not an issue with Sourcemod, but with the engine itself. As such, I think we are at the mercy of Valve to issue a patch.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-16-2012 , 13:45   Re: SourceMod not working after today's update?
Reply With Quote #40

Anyone else running the Monoculus plugin and not seeing the health bar no more?

Bound to be something from this update that caused it which is why I'm posting here first.

Last edited by Horsedick; 08-16-2012 at 13:45.