Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

HLStatsX Download Page Removed!

Post New Thread Reply   

GyroTarzan
Old 08-10-2008 , 08:01   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I've found their premium support outstanding, everything replied within about 4 hours.
Yes, HLstatsX support is great
Send a message via ICQ to GyroTarzan Send a message via MSN to GyroTarzan
HSFighter
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2008 , 08:19   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #12

Is more some HlstatsX, and it has a Masterserver ^^

http://forum.elstatsneo.de/

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter
BAILOPAN
Old 08-13-2008 , 03:53   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #13

If anyone has a copy of the last available download then we can host it.

This type of behaviour is unscrupulous and I would like to keep making copies of the software available. It was under the GPL (and even if it's for-pay, the SourceMod components of it MUST be GPL'd). If it's still under the GPL, that means someone with access to the downloads, if interested, could provide us with a copy to distribute.

Removing community forums was a very sketchy thing to do. I confronted Tobi17 about this a few months ago. By removing the forums he effectively cut off the community which is not the sort of thing we want to promote. Why should we give free advertising for a commercial project? Especially when we're forced to bear the brunt of the support issues users can't get help with.

He gave some BS answer, like "I removed the forums because of a website redesign and legal problems." Yeah, okay. Bye.

I definitely would like to keep making this project available.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 08-13-2008 at 04:03.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2008 , 04:36   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #14

I cant find a download anywhere... they got rid of everything. Although I found a hlstats download lol.

blik
Old 08-13-2008 , 04:40   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post

This type of behaviour is unscrupulous and I would like to keep making copies of the software available. It was under the GPL (and even if it's for-pay, the SourceMod components of it MUST be GPL'd). If it's still under the GPL, that means someone with access to the downloads, if interested, could provide us with a copy to distribute.

Removing community forums was a very sketchy thing to do. I confronted Tobi17 about this a few months ago. By removing the forums he effectively cut off the community which is not the sort of thing we want to promote. Why should we give free advertising for a commercial project? Especially when we're forced to bear the brunt of the support issues users can't get help with.

He gave some BS answer, like "I removed the forums because of a website redesign and legal problems." Yeah, okay. Bye.

Here you go
Attached Files
File Type: zip HLstatsX_V1.20RC2.zip (1.87 MB, 920 views)
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2008 , 04:53   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #16

I would go put that on steamfriends but only Viper has access to the download section.

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 08-13-2008 , 07:33   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #17

The version in svn at http://lart2150.com/forums is based on that posted version, but has some bug fixes and a couple minor features added. There are also a couple fixed posted that didn't make it in svn yet.

I'll try and post a full "fixed" 1.20 sometime later today.
monkie
Old 08-13-2008 , 08:16   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post

I am having 1 CS: S and 1 DoD: S Pub Server running 24/7 for players all over the world, for fun and for free of course. All the expense interrelated is afforded by quite a few people including me.

At the beginning of my server founded, I did setup HLStatsX as the ranking system. Then the community support of it couldn't help becoming less and less, until one day the forum was erased from that site. Well, I thought, the public support might not be that necessary, we have the setup tutorial and we are server admins, right? Such loss has little effect on our work. But I have to admit, the loss of the forum did bring us non-neglected inconvenience. And then, the download section went with the forum. Such behavior, in my opinion, means that the auther closed all the gates to the free community and turned the HLStatsX thoroughly to a commercial software. But what confused me is, since all the public parts of the HLStatsX have been eliminated, is there any necessity to retain the "Premium" name of the software, could it be that there is still a "Basic" version of HLStatsX?

For the Allied Modders, I show my highest admiration to all of you. My 2 source server could not perform so well and fluently without your contribution and dedication. All you have done is in accordance with both the constitution and spirit of GPL. I really hope SourceMod could have its own ranking system. I just expect that system would be based on SQLite and would have multilingual user interface, so that it could bemanaged more easily and be more popular for the non-English players.

No more things to say, just keep up, and May God Bless You

BAFFLED
Old 08-13-2008 , 09:19   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The version in svn at http://lart2150.com/forums is based on that posted version, but has some bug fixes and a couple minor features added. There are also a couple fixed posted that didn't make it in svn yet.

I'll try and post a full "fixed" 1.20 sometime later today.
Attached is what I think is the most up to date from Lart's forum. This includes the svn copy (revision 38) with a few more fixes I put in with the help of others.

While I put all this together and helped get some of the fixes in, Lart and octodhd did most of the most, but full credit goes to the whole community.

This works great with the Official HLStatsX sourcemod plugin.

The following changes were made from 1.20RC6

- Added TF2 support, including all new medic/pyro weapons (future ones are easy to add).
- Changed the auth to use sessions insted of storeing the username/password in your cookie in clear text.
- Added Steam Community ID and link on player info page
- Added map changes to graph
- Added ranking on player info page
- Added signature on player info page
- Added support for tracking roles (classes)
- Added sessions and awards history links
- Added option to turn off stat-tracking for bonus round
- Added favorite weapon and kills per minute stats
- Added fix for TeamKill bug in TF2 when victim switches teams (2sec settle). With CS:S exception
- Added KILLLISTMAX which limits total number of "Player Kill Statistics" lines in playerinfo.inc
- Added announcement for when a top 10 player joins
- Added action tracking for headshots, backstabs, destroying own objects (engineer), attach/remove spy's sapper, medic assist
- Fixed bug which allowed fake log entries to be supplied by a player
- Added colored ingame messages for TF2 on sourcemod (like css has or TF2 on beetle/mani)
- Added unicode support all around
- Fixed certain ingame commands involving browser when interacting with sourcemod plugin
Attached Files
File Type: zip HLStatsX120Community.zip (2.58 MB, 800 views)

Last edited by psychonic; 08-19-2008 at 11:30.
curlefry
Old 08-13-2008 , 18:43   Re: HLStatsX Download Page Removed!
Reply With Quote #20

Wow BAIL, that would be amazing if you guys at AM could host HLStatsX...I sure as hell would use, support, and promote it if needed.