[L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]

Post New Thread Reply   

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2009 , 03:10   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
steamgroup exclusive i believe allows friends of people within your steam group to join. I can't say for sure I've never really fiddled with it.

A testing version is already in the works and everything looks sound, just need to pull a testing group together to see if we can get tank spawning. If it works then viola this could be the final iteration. I'll also be quickly looking into making medpacks at the spawn point equal to survivor_limit (with an option to enable/disable) as some people have been asking for that.

As for being unable to join survivors, it's a stupid coding oversight on my part so I'm working fast to get the next version out.
I am still having no problems with tank spawns even when the server is full. But everything else sounds good, keep it going.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-31-2009 , 07:28   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
I am still having no problems with tank spawns even when the server is full. But everything else sounds good, keep it going.
Yeah, I believe it is people not setting l4d_infected_limit correctly, but this new method is painless and should make it so that there is 100% a slot for the tank to join into provided they set it up right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykeman420 View Post
1.) Is there anyway ot get mapcycle to work for L4D or do people always have to just rejoin?
There is a plugin done by someone here it's called Mission Changer or something along those lines, it's an approved plugin and works well if you configure it right.
Quote:
2.) Is sv_downloadurl working for L4D servers or does each client have to have the maps for custom maps to work currently?
Unfortunately the server cannot tell the clients to download any content yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
L 05/31/2009 - 05:280: SourceMod error session started
L 05/31/2009 - 05:280: Info (map "l4d_vs_hospital02_subway") (file "errors_20090531.log")
L 05/31/2009 - 05:280: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Entity 10 is invalid
L 05/31/2009 - 05:280: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_superversus.smx":
L 05/31/2009 - 05:280: [SM] [0] Line 214, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/9/7/0/1/42500.attach::SetTankHP()
Bizarre, I've no idea how you managed to get a problem finding the entity considering there entity existing checks. I'll look into it and try making some more checks thanks for reporting this. It's not exactly a harmful error it's just saying that it could not set the tanks hp.
Old 05-31-2009 , 07:43   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #83

very nice on the mission changer i'll look that up promptly. too bad about the downloads, I'm sure that'll change soon now that the SDK is public, one would hope anyway.

if you need any help testing the new method for tank spawning I can pm you my steam id.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-31-2009 , 08:26   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
very nice on the mission changer i'll look that up promptly. too bad about the downloads, I'm sure that'll change soon now that the SDK is public, one would hope anyway.

if you need any help testing the new method for tank spawning I can pm you my steam id.
At present I'm trying to fill the server up and give it a good test. if you have a way to get about 8 players then go for it.
Old 05-31-2009 , 22:12   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #85

pm sent, i defitnaly have a good way of testing this, will be able to easily in about 3 hours or so
Number Six
Old 06-01-2009 , 02:03   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
Bizarre, I've no idea how you managed to get a problem finding the entity considering there entity existing checks. I'll look into it and try making some more checks thanks for reporting this. It's not exactly a harmful error it's just saying that it could not set the tanks hp.
rare bug provoc apparently no spawn tank or multi spawns tanks on final vs maps , very rare 1/20 map .
My new server x16 is up !
Your mod installed with extension to downtown , just need a extension now for allowed +8 players via lobby connecting , for the server full , and perfect

Last edited by Number Six; 06-01-2009 at 02:23.
waertf
Old 06-01-2009 , 20:31   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #87

I found that when i set "sm_cvar l4d_infected_limit 8" before server start.
After I check the value of z_max_player_zombies,I get 4 not 8.
But if I set "sm_cvar l4d_survivor_limit 8",the value return is 8.
So did I need to set "sm_cvar z_max_player_zombies 8" or not?
Old 06-01-2009 , 21:06   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #88

Please help me as soon as possible

I put 16 slots in my server, with 8x8 but I have a seriously problem

Survivor 8 = OK
4 infecteds (with only 4 shows full)

And 4 are in spectate and only play when a team can complete the map and chang survivor x infecteds' team. When the map changes back to happening the same thing. Please help me

in my server.cfg

l4d_survivor_limit 8
l4d_infected_limit 8
l4d_maxplayers 16

what is wrong?
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2009 , 09:46   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #89

Found another bug, sometimes it spawns 9 survivors. I believe this happens when people are joining the spectators for a quick break and an extra bot is being created. Could you have a look at it? It happens very often on my server.
Jay Dogg
Old 06-02-2009 , 15:30   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #90

May be someone could help... I have this plug and ready up and Left 4 Downtown running on my linux server. I have set the max players and zombies in this plug to both be 8. I have check using sm plugins list and sm exts list to make sure everything is loaded... which al of them are. I use this file I made to start the server
Code:
#!/bin/sh
screen -A -m -d -S l4d ./srcds_run -console -game left4dead  -autoupdate -tickrate 100  +exec server.cfg +ip 64.62.***.* +hostport 27025 +hostport +maxplayers 16 +map l4d_vs_hospital01_apartment.bsp
which sets the maxplayers at 16 but when I make a game using the lobby it seems only 8 players can join? Im I missing something? do I have to put something in the server.cfg? The server says 8/16 players but like I said no one can join. When I tried to join when 8 people where on the server it game me this message in console
Code:
Server using lobbies #0, requiring pw no, lobby id 184016456def800
Any help would be great =)