Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

DoD Smokegrenades plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

ancient1
Old 10-15-2004 , 04:29  
Reply With Quote #21

@trp jed

The server was pretty full with around 14 players on it, I checked and the server didn't actually crash, it seems it just kicked the players connected due to this 'Reliable channel overflow' whatever that is

I'm running 0.20 RC6, not the latest nightly build though TBH

Hope that helps.

PS The first smoke nade I threw worked fine, the second would not work and then I kept getting the negative seconds problem before the server then kicked me for the 'Reliable overflow problem'

Ancient
Old 10-15-2004 , 04:49  
Reply With Quote #22

Meh.... OK. I'm going to have to do some investigation.

As I said it works fine on 0.16 and I dont *think* I'm doing or using anything odd code wise that should cause issues with 0.20. A lot of the code is actually C++->Small from the HL SDK.

I'll try and get 0.20 installed locally and see if I can figure it out.
SidLuke
Old 10-15-2004 , 10:01  
Reply With Quote #23

1)
plugin_init (){
for (new i=0; i<=33; i++) {
grenID[i] = 0
playerDelay[i] = 0.0
playerGrens[i] = 0
playerRole[i] = 0
playerCanUse[i] = 0
}
}
this is unnessessary , all vars will be =0 , this will just slow server

2)
public client_connect(id){

use client_putinserver
Zor
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2004 , 11:10  
Reply With Quote #24

Any status on this plugin? Just wondering how your making out?

CheerS!
Old 10-17-2004 , 13:00  
Reply With Quote #25

I'm working on it. Been a bit busy this weekend.

All I can say that, poor programming aside it works in 0.16, but crashes the server in 0.20 so if any "gurus" have tips on specific functions or cross version compatibility, let me know.

I hope to port it to AMX too (a dozen people have asked for it so far).

So plan is,

- Tidy up 0.16
- Port ot 0.20
- Port to AMX 0.99
- Conquer world
orbit
Old 10-17-2004 , 14:09  
Reply With Quote #26

I find it not working with 0.16 at all. I can only use the pre-compiled version and even that crashes the server after every round.

Does it have conflicts with other plugins (like adminmod)? I noticed that my compiled version won't crash the server when someone joins a team if I take out adminmod, but it always crashes at the end of a round.

Everything else in the plugin works, and I'd like to have this working on my server. Its great for a custom map I've made.

Can anyone who has this working on their server post their specs? I find it hard to believe I'm the only one having this issue.

-O-
Trp. Jed
Old 10-17-2004 , 14:30  
Reply With Quote #27

Hmmm odd.

The server I'm running it on is a Windows box (dont know hardware specs) with metamod 1.17.2 and AMX 0.16.

I need to check the modules and plugins running, but I cant get access to the server just now.

I have one possible idea where it might be falling over but it just seems odd it happens on one but not others.
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2004 , 16:12  
Reply With Quote #28

I seriously think it would be a waste of time for you to try and support AMX MOD 0.9.9 also.

The coding requirements are SOOO Different and it will be very hard for you to support both plugins on sperate projects.

Just the changes from AMX MOD X 0.16 and AMX MOD X .20 alone (and I know this first hand) will give you lots of support problems and scripting problems.

My suggestion would be dont even worry about AMX 0.9.9 simply because it will be a support hell.

Most of the AMX MOD X Dev Team no longer release new versions of there AMX MOD plugins beceause supporting them will be extremely hard.

DaNtheMaN
Old 10-25-2004 , 20:22  
Reply With Quote #29

Don't know if this helps or not but I get this error on startup.
AMXmodx version .20

[AMXX] Run time error 4 (index out of bounds) (plugin "smoke_grenade.amxx") - debug not enabled.
Trp. Jed
Old 10-25-2004 , 20:33  
Reply With Quote #30

Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking into it. I'm running Metamod + AMXX locally and for some reason I can't replicated the errors, only on a real "live" server.

I've got some ideas abotu what the error may be so I'm going to do some tests and maybe post a slightly revised version people can test to let me know if the error goes away.