Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Admin Commands
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    This plugin blocks the usage of cheat commands, impulses and client cvars while sv_cheats is set to 1, but still allows it for admins
    Old 03-22-2008 , 23:07   Cheat Control (for cheat commands/cheat impulses/cheat client cvars) v1.5
    Reply With Quote #1

Plugin on Github: https://github.com/bcserv/cheat-control - Forks & Pull requests are welcome

Description:

This plugin allows admins, to safely turn sv_cheats on, without giving all players access to things like noclip, god, impulse 101 etc.... there are over 190 commands, any many more cvars.
    This plugin is able to control cheat commands, cheat impulses and client cheat cvars, so everything that could be abused when sv_cheats is enabled.

This plugin is only useful when sv_cheats is set to 1

Behavior:

sv_cheats 1:

blocks:
    • client -> server cheat commands
    • cheat impulse commands (impulse 101, ..)
    • client cheat cvar changes
    Admins that have the cheat flag set, can use any stuff that requires sv_cheats. For none-admins the access to all those things is blocked.
    This plugin is blocking around 200 cheat commands that players would normally be able to use.

sv_cheats 0:

Admins and none-admins can't use cheat commands and cheat impulses, but admins are still able to change client cheat cvars.

Cvars:

cheatcontrol_enable <1|0>
    - Enable/disable this plugin (disabling it enables usage of cheats for everyone)
    Default: 1

cheatcontrol_enablewarnings <1|0>- Enable the cheatcontrol warning system

cheatcontrol_maxwarnings <num>- Max warnings a player gets after he will be kicked
    Default: 5

cheatcontrol_printtoadmins <1|0>- Set if to forward warning messages to admins or not
    Default: 0

cheatcontrol_stripnotifyflag <1|0>- Sets if to strip the notification flag from sv_cheats or not

cheatcontrol_version- Cheatcontrol plugin version

Commands:

sm_allowcheatcommand - Allows a specific cheat comamnd for usage by none-admins

sm_disallowcheatcommand - Disallows a specific cheat comamnd for usage by none-admins

sm_cheatcontrol_reloadcfg - Reloads the cheat-control config file(s)

Config files:

addons/sourcemod/configs/cheat-control/allowed-commands.ini - you can put commands that should be usable by normal players into here. This only works for serverside commands (noclip, give...). for impulse commands you can specify a specific value (eg. impulse 101).

addons/sourcemod/configs/cheat-control/block-commands.ini - you can add commands here that need to be blocked additionally to protect them (because they don't have a cheatflag)

cfg/sourcemod/plugin.cheat-control.cfg - this file is automatically getting generated by sourcemod on first plugin load, it contains all the cvars of this plugin.

Extras:
    • Notification for admins when a user trys to execute a cheat command/impulse.
    • I removed the notification flag of sv_cheats, so players won't get notified when cheats are getting turned on/off (see cheatcontrol_stripnotifyflag).
    • Ability to allow commands for normal players via a config file.
    Todo:

Nothing atm

Games Compatibility:
    • Half Life 2 Deathmatch
    • (Should work with any games now)

Changelog:

Date: 07.02.2010
    Version: 1.5
    • Added config block-commands.cfg for blocking additional commands where the cheatflag is missing
    • Rewrote the command hooking to use the new Command Listener that came with Sourcemod 1.3
    • Moved the config to configs/cheat-control/
    • fixed little memory leak
    • fixed player loop not handling all players

Date: 29.07.2009
    Version: 1.4.2
    • Fixed old dependency on playerhooks
    Date: 24.07.2009
    Version: 1.4.1
    • Removed the requirement to use my custom extension as a PlayerRunCmd hook has been added with sm revision 2711. Changed the code to use the new sourcemod hook instead.
    Date: 03.08.2008
    Version: 1.4
    • Added support for orangebox games
    • Added automatic cvar config generation
    • Complete code cleanup
    • Renamed cvar sm_cheats_adminsonly to cheatcontrol_enable
    • Renamed cvar sm_cheatcontrol_maxwarnings to cheatcontrol_maxwarnings
    • Added new cvars cheatcontrol_enablewarnings, cheatcontrol_printtoadmins, cheatcontrol_stripnotifyflag
    • Added version cvar cheatcontrol_version
    • Added new commands sm_allowcheatcommand, sm_disallowcheatcommand, sm_cheatcontrol_reloadcfg
    • Bugfix when cheat command is executed by console
    • Fixed TF2 offset
    • Added offset for obsidian
    • Other little bug fixes/optimizations
    Date: 27.06.2008
    Version: 1.01
    • Added Code to fix command give not being protected by a cheatflag on the server.
    Date: 02.05.2008
    Version: 1.0
    • Converted the metamod extension to a sourcemod extension
    • Added a config file for dynamic offset loading, the extension should now work with any games
    • Added a config file to allow commands and impulses for none admins even when sm_cheats_admins_only is set to 1
    • Added warnings-system, after a certain amount of warnings a user gets automatically kicked out of the game when he keeps trying to execute cheat commands.
    Date: 25.3.2008
    Version: 0.9
    • Fixed wrong linux offset for the Impulsehook
    Date: 23.3.2008
    Version: 0.8
    • First release

Downloads
    :

Cheat Control v1.4.2 (Sourcemod revision >= 2711 or Sourcemod 1.3 required):
    • release_cheat-control_1.4.2.rar
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip release_cheat-control_v1.5.zip (14.6 KB, 7349 views)

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"