os is GRML Release 0.4-small - Codename Springinkerl
http://grml.org/download
http://grml.org/kernel/
goodfelladeal
Old 07-14-2007 , 13:04   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS View Post
I cant rememeber the last time BAT had a infinite loop bug, ( ie uses 100% cpu ) but offcourse its posible BAT had / has one. Again i cant fix things nobody reports.
Regarding random map, there is a secret command in bat called ( not joking, not documented anywhere) admin_loadrandomlevel in server console. But i havent found ( nor tried that much either) to make the command work from server startup. Basicly i want the ability for make the server start on a random map in the mapcycle, but havent found a good way yet.
By default the start-up map is de_dust.. how about having it check what map it is on when a new map starts. Have a counter for the map (de_dust) so if the counter is more than 0 or 1 it won't choose a random map. Then make it so BAT clears this number for de_dust when loaded or unloaded. That should do it. Then user just has to make sure de_dust (or the default) is still what the server starts on.

By the way nice admin script. Gives me very few problems. Its still missing a few features I would prefer but I'll be patient. Good job.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2007 , 15:14   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
hi EKS,

when are you planning to add something to block votekick spammers. It would be perfect if BAT could show the name of who starts a votekick. And a 2 min delay between consecutive votes as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindgren View Post
Ok, could you maybe put in a cvar or a option to keep people alive when they change team? Otherwise i think it can be a ugly experience evening out teams. But i donīt understand what you mean with bad and risky.
Swaping players thats alive is bad becuse, mods are not designed for that. So you get a ton on of bugs ( like models not being changed and so on). And you then need to work around all these bugs, in other words risky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixcentgeorge View Post
i tested :
*with b5 but i had same error .
*the new and old translation.dat but still the error
*new translation.dat with 1.44 , same error as with 1.5
i used metamod 1.42 and latest nighly_build [ server has this one ]

os is GRML Release 0.4-small - Codename Springinkerl
http://grml.org/download
http://grml.org/kernel/
no idea what could be wrong, but since nobody else is reporting problems im guessing its a local problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfelladeal View Post
By default the start-up map is de_dust.. how about having it check what map it is on when a new map starts. Have a counter for the map (de_dust) so if the counter is more than 0 or 1 it won't choose a random map. Then make it so BAT clears this number for de_dust when loaded or unloaded. That should do it. Then user just has to make sure de_dust (or the default) is still what the server starts on.

By the way nice admin script. Gives me very few problems. Its still missing a few features I would prefer but I'll be patient. Good job.
i cant have a system based on de_dust being loaded, as that is a CSS map. But there seems to be a way to do it from commandline, we will see if it makes it into the next beta
Old 07-14-2007 , 18:39   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #924

Heh.. me and my narrowminded view. Thanks for all the effort.
Lindgren
Old 07-14-2007 , 18:42   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #925

oh i see, that kind of bad, didīt even think about that actually. I just assumed the models etc got redone every round_start by default.
Send a message via MSN to Lindgren
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2007 , 02:36   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfelladeal View Post
Heh.. me and my narrowminded view. Thanks for all the effort.
np, i was a good idea and now in BAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindgren View Post
oh i see, that kind of bad, didīt even think about that actually. I just assumed the models etc got redone every round_start by default.
they are proberbly reset on round_Start, but you then have to change the users team before the round ends. So then you have the period after you change where players are not correcly teamed ( Most likely wrong model) so you then either need to change the model or move the player to a safe spot. Offcourse nothing is imposible, just more things to break in updates

Quote:
BAT 1.5.0 Beta 6
- Added: Anti flood on say commands, 1 second on regular say commands and 120 seconds on votekick/voteban
- Added: BAT will now send a message to all admins on the server on MySQL errors or when someone stats a votekick/voteban
- Added: admin_loadrandomlevel now functions from the startup line if you want your server to start with a random map, just add +admin_loadrandomlevel to your server startup line
- Changed: Code cleaning & minor code optimisations
EDIT:
To the guy that asked for mysql 4, its not even supported on their site anymore. So i dont think im gonna go down in sql version in BAT. Its not imposible BAT will function with older mysql versions i dont use any complex sql commands

Last edited by EKS; 07-16-2007 at 02:40.
imported_Anth0ny
Old 07-16-2007 , 03:58   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #927

have a report! =)

appears at B5:

06/17/2007 - 11:56:55 - There was a error reading the BAT translation file

still have it at B6

Win32 Server
Insurgency Mod
Send a message via ICQ to imported_Anth0ny
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2007 , 05:22   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #928

i just tested again and i dont have that problem. The error message is not that easy to understand but it basisly means BAT failed to extract language information from the file.
This normaly happens if someone edits the file with notepad or something, or perhaps a FTP client can make that happen if the file is transfered in ASCII mode?
Old 07-16-2007 , 16:22   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #929

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS View Post
np, i was a good idea and now in BAT

they are proberbly reset on round_Start, but you then have to change the users team before the round ends. So then you have the period after you change where players are not correcly teamed ( Most likely wrong model) so you then either need to change the model or move the player to a safe spot. Offcourse nothing is imposible, just more things to break in updates

EDIT:
To the guy that asked for mysql 4, its not even supported on their site anymore. So i dont think im gonna go down in sql version in BAT. Its not imposible BAT will function with older mysql versions i dont use any complex sql commands
thk!
Igniuks
Old 07-18-2007 , 05:24   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #930

how do u set user on player tell me plz i cant get it