Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)[SOLVED]

Post New Thread Reply   

World Crafter
Old 06-21-2007 , 18:11   Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)[SOLVED]
Reply With Quote #1

Sorry to post 2 topics asking for help so close to each other, especially after I figured out the simple solution to my last question. But this one is different, this one I have no clue about and have been searching for an answer for hours now.

Again with WeaponMod, I am trying to make a sawed-off shotgun. The main problem is that WeaponMod doesn't come with a simple native for creating a bullet with spread(bullets always go straight and ignore recoil), so I have to create bullets dynamically as fast-moving entities. I can make a bullet that moves straight, but I can't seem to get the bullet to fire at an angle. I've been searching for hours and I know that I have to do something to alter the velocity or angle values, but I can't just change them without breaking the plugin as far as I know. So how can I make this bullet fire in a random direction(angles should be -5 to 5 degrees).

Code:
public makebullet(id){     new bullet = engfunc(EngFunc_CreateNamedEntity,engfunc(EngFunc_AllocString,"info_target"))     if(!bullet) return PLUGIN_CONTINUE             set_pev(bullet,pev_classname,"sawedoffbullet")     engfunc(EngFunc_SetModel,bullet,PELLET)     set_pev(bullet,pev_owner,id)     set_pev(bullet,pev_movetype,MOVETYPE_FLY)     set_pev(bullet,pev_solid,SOLID_BBOX)                 set_pev(bullet,pev_mins,Float:{-0.01,-0.01,-0.01})     set_pev(bullet,pev_maxs,Float:{0.01,0.01,0.01})                 new Float:fStart[3]     wpn_projectile_startpos(id,64,-12,-16,fStart)     set_pev(bullet,pev_origin,fStart)                 new Float:fVel[3]     velocity_by_aim(id,BULLET_SPEED,fVel)       set_pev(bullet,pev_velocity,fVel)                 new Float:fAngles[3]     fAngles[0] = random_num(-5,5)     fAngles[1] = random_num(-5,5)     fAngles[2] = random_num(-5,5)     vec_to_angle(fVel,fAngles)     set_pev(bullet,pev_angles,fAngles)         //For checking where the bullet goes     message_begin(MSG_BROADCAST, SVC_TEMPENTITY)     write_byte(TE_BEAMFOLLOW)     write_short(bullet)     write_short(g_trail)     write_byte(25)     write_byte(1)     write_byte(224)     write_byte(224)     write_byte(255)     write_byte(255)     message_end()     }

Of course, if there is a more simple way to do this, please tell me. I'm hurting my head.

Last edited by World Crafter; 06-24-2007 at 17:01.
_Master_
Old 06-22-2007 , 03:13   Re: Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)
Reply With Quote #2

You shouldn't do that. Bullets aren't supposed to be "random". A bullet direction depends on player movement direction, type of material the player is on (ground, air, water, etc.), player's velocity and maybe some other things I can't remember right now.

Then again you could just add that random angles but it's a sloppy way of doing it. Realism would have nothig to do with it in this case.
World Crafter
Old 06-22-2007 , 12:43   Re: Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)
Reply With Quote #3

I realize all that, but its far too complicated for me with the little amount of Pawn that I know. For now I just want bullets that don't go straight in front of you every time.
Old 06-22-2007 , 14:01   Re: Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)
Reply With Quote #4

Take a look at the shotgun secondary attack from the HL source code. I don't think you can do the multi damage but you can do TakeDamage with Ham Sandwich.
stupok
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2007 , 19:31   Re: Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)
Reply With Quote #5

Couldn't he just use this?

(message_const.inc)
Code:
#define TE_MULTIGUNSHOT             126      // Much more compact shotgun message
// This message is used to make a client approximate a 'spray' of gunfire.
// Any weapon that fires more than one bullet per frame and fires in a bit of a spread is
// a good candidate for MULTIGUNSHOT use. (shotguns)
//
// NOTE: This effect makes the client do traces for each bullet, these client traces ignore
//		 entities that have studio models.Traces are 4096 long.
//
// write_byte(TE_MULTIGUNSHOT)
// write_coord(origin.x)
// write_coord(origin.y)
// write_coord(origin.z)
// write_coord(direction.x)
// write_coord(direction.y)
// write_coord(direction.z)
// write_coord(x noise * 100)
// write_coord(y noise * 100)
// write_byte(count)
// write_byte(bullethole decal texture index)
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2007 , 22:07   Re: Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)
Reply With Quote #6

That won't do any damage, but it'll create the effect I guess.
World Crafter
Old 06-22-2007 , 22:50   Re: Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)
Reply With Quote #7

Is it possible to check where those fake bullets end up?

Last edited by World Crafter; 06-22-2007 at 22:55.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2007 , 23:18   Re: Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)
Reply With Quote #8

No, it's calculated on the client with TE_MULTIGUNSHOT.
World Crafter
Old 06-23-2007 , 01:07   Re: Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)
Reply With Quote #9

I'm looking at the SDK code for the shotgun right now, but I don't see how this helps me. It's completely different and none of it is compatible with amxx.

Code:
vecDir = m_pPlayer->FireBulletsPlayer( 12, vecSrc, vecAiming, VECTOR_CONE_10DEGREES, 2048, BULLET_PLAYER_BUCKSHOT, 0, 0, m_pPlayer->pev, m_pPlayer->random_seed );
Old 06-23-2007 , 03:23   Re: Artificial Bullet Spread(regarding velocity_by_aim)
Reply With Quote #10

You could use the traces generated by TE_MULTIGUNSHOT...