Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2007 , 06:05   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Either with amx or amxx, when i start a listenserver :

If my 27015 port is UDP open, my server is secured.
If my 27015 port is not open, my server is unsecure.
2Face
BANNED
Old 02-10-2007 , 17:21   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorr View Post

And what does its matter if it is not secure with the ports closed? Its not like someone could connect.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2007 , 21:05   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

If you're port isn't open, then you can't the server can connect to the auth servers, therefore being unsecure.
jackliu92
Old 02-12-2007 , 23:28   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Tell me your SERVER is steam or NON-STEAM, You won't be enable it with NON-SEAM SERVER.

If your Server is steam server, tell me what it says on server CONSOLE when u strat your server!

Last edited by jackliu92; 02-12-2007 at 23:34.
6pack
BANNED
Old 02-18-2007 , 21:26   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu92 View Post
Tell me your SERVER is steam or NON-STEAM, You won't be enable it with NON-SEAM SERVER.

If your Server is steam server, tell me what it says on server CONSOLE when u strat your server!
You think anyone in thier right mind would ask for non-steam support here?
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-19-2007 , 11:45   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
You think anyone in thier right mind would ask for non-steam support here?
Not everyone has a "right" mind...
Old 02-24-2007 , 06:53   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

i cant get my amxx listenserverto be secure, but when i try dedicated server it is secure.

[IMG]http://img294.**************/img294/3981/johan2kn1.gif[/IMG]
Send a message via MSN to .:Predator:.
H(x)m3m do S@c0
Old 03-10-2007 , 18:48   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu92 View Post

OMG, ... NO COMmENTS.

Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorr View Post

All ports that steam say that should be open, in fact are opened.

Gonna test with port 27015 open (but isolate).

Thank you.

Last edited by H(x)m3m do S@c0; 03-10-2007 at 19:00. Reason: Forget to thank.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 03-11-2007 , 04:33   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Ok well I tested your problem using cstike not czero, and I couldn't even get VAC to enable normally when using the "New Game" option let alone using amxmod or amxmodx...

Best thing I could come up with is that because the listen server starts with sv_lan at 1, it doesn't wanna connect to get secure. So...

I have 2 options you can try and both work every time:
First, create a listenserver.cfg, with all your settings ie hostname, etc. In there also set if you want sv_lan to be 0 or 1 normally.

Next, the 2 options:
  1. In your my games list, set a launch option to start right into a server when ever you click on the mod in the games list.
    1. Right click on the mod
    2. Go to Properties
    3. On General tab, click Set Launch Options...
    4. Enter the following (change players and map values to your liking): +sv_lan 0 +maxplayers 12 +map de_dust
    5. Hit Ok to save, Close the Properties window, and double click on mod to start the server (it will go straight in).
    (Problem with this method is if you actually use the games list to open your game, it will launch the server instead. Though I personally never open a multiplayer game that way. I always use the server browser.)

2. Create a Shortcut to launch the listen server. So that you can still use steam games list to just open your game.
    1. Right click on desktop
    2. Go to "New", then "Shortcut"
    3. In the Create Shortcut window that opens browse for "hl.exe" in your games folder.
      ie. "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\[email protected]\count er-strike\hl.exe"
    4. Hit next after you find it and just name it whatever you want ie 'cs listen server'.
    5. Right click on newly created shortcut. (to edit the command line)
    6. Go to Properties.
    7. Go to the Shortcut tab, find the Target text box.
    8. At the very end of the line add a space and enter the following (change players and map values to your liking): +sv_lan 0 +maxplayers 12 +map de_dust
    9. Hit OK to save, then just double click on the shortcut to start your listen server (it will go straight in).
    (This would probably be the preferred method.)

If amxmodx could force listen servers to start with sv_lan at 0, I don't know. But I don't think they should as it is not really their issue. It maybe something you could ask for, but I doubt that will happen. And I highly doubt this is something amx did as a fix, I doubt they did anything at all to make it work where as amxmodx would not. Though if you know that they really did do something to fix this please by all means show us where the discussion of the issue is so that something could be done.

This is something valve should fix but of course never will, they'd rather give us ads so they can make more money with no benefit to the end user.
On a side note: I also noticed that starting a "New Game" would create a server.cfg not a listenserver.cfg when no server.cfg is present. Which is really stupid cause the server.cfg is not used with a listen server.

(I hate listen servers)

Last edited by vittu; 03-11-2007 at 05:32.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
UPABrawler
Old 03-11-2007 , 11:50   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

his thing wokred
Send a message via AIM to UPABrawler Send a message via MSN to UPABrawler