Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?

Post New Thread Reply   

sawce
The null pointer exception error and virtual machine bug
Old 12-15-2006 , 22:39   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #51

theyre not going to be advertising in wad files
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2006 , 22:42   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #52

haha @ sweaty... that was some one doing that as a joke, the are more likely to put on random decals (sprays) or sprites. such as the gaben from gaben mod. unless they have something I dont know about.

Also I believe they got the idea from some amxx plugins. I have also seen a few plugins that create entity (using a model that looks like a TV) and it displays ads.
Lord_Destros
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2006 , 22:54   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenwr View Post
haha @ sweaty... that was some one doing that as a joke, the are more likely to put on random decals (sprays) or sprites.
Lies...!
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2006 , 01:09   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Destros View Post
Lies...!
In my most humble opinion.
Psycho-Path
Old 12-16-2006 , 03:21   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #55

It wouldn't be a rational to give the games out for free - the biggest reason for example: I'm a hacker and I get banned, woopydoo, I'll just make another account, load my hacks, and start playing on the server again. So that's probably not an option. Now, if they did start the pay to play, then free wouldn't be so bad, but from our current stand-point we really don't need it free b/c we only pay for the games once.
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2006 , 11:46   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #56

with that said, we should get some sort of benefit from the ads on the servers. thats the point we are trying to make.
Psycho-Path
Old 12-16-2006 , 12:41   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #57

And what I was trying to do was cancel the idea in your head that free would work. I really don't think there are many things that they could offer us anyways, unless they pay US to have THEIR ads on OUR server. (While yes they are the ones that provided the software, we are the ones either using our computers to host one or money to rent one.) So going back to it, I think ads should be optional and if the user agrees they should be payed for the ads on their server.
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2006 , 13:45   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #58

I never said use or get the game free. that was some one else, Im just looking for a cookie or 2 from steam for putting ads in my servers.
Lord_Destros
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2006 , 19:32   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #59

I personally wouldn't mind advertisements very much assuming they didn't start turning CT's into Pepsi's and T's into Coca Colas. Advertisements appearing when you hit tab may be kind of annoying depending how it loads.

Last edited by Lord_Destros; 12-16-2006 at 19:39.
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
SSAW
Old 12-16-2006 , 20:37   Re: What are all of your opinions on Valve advertising in your 1.6 server?
Reply With Quote #60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKbEsEGXW04

OMFG I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS!!

They should seriously give the game for free if this happens. One that would be good for the community more players. Two More players == more revenue. The ads obviously will bring in more $$ then the actual purchase as not many people are buying 1.6 from my knowledge. Its all CSS from here on in. Anyways I think the game should be free
http://www.blackfirehost.com Gameserver and Voice server hosting. Slots as cheap as $1 perslot! Good ping, no lag, fast service. Your best Idea is to come with us. We provide free support, full FTP access, full gamePanel access and more! Visit us now!