Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Request/Challenge Permanent spray on walls

Post New Thread Reply   

|PnC| green
Old 11-16-2006 , 01:00   Request/Challenge Permanent spray on walls
Reply With Quote #1

I would really love to have a plugin that would allow you to put permanent sprays on the wall say like on the front of the base or inside base so you could display a link to your forum or what ever you might want on the sign. For example id like to have www.pork-cheese.com on the front of each base. Is this even possiable to do? Im probably just dreaming... Thanks if you can help me out... ;)
Old 11-16-2006 , 01:32   Re: Request/Challenge Permanent spray on walls
Reply With Quote #2

you would have to edit the map itself.
Old 11-16-2006 , 02:13   Re: Request/Challenge Permanent spray on walls
Reply With Quote #3

we have already done that.. i just thought it would be neat to be able to do it with a server plugin so you could change the sprays at will with out re-editing the map and having to rename the map something new and upload it again to all the players.. and i say rename the map because you cant use the same name again because those that have the old map wouldnt be able to get on unless they knew how to delete the old map... like i guessed... wishful thinking..
Old 11-16-2006 , 09:13   Re: Request/Challenge Permanent spray on walls
Reply With Quote #4

well maybe do something thru infodecal entity, which wouldnt require any downloading of the map and such.. you shouldnt need to 'rename' or have the map re-downloaded at all for just messing with point entities.. tho i believe that entity 'might' only read from the decals.wad

but if you want to just spell words out.. you can do that im sure.. as Ive done it with some of my maps using the letters in the decals.wad I didnt do it with amxx, but i wouldnt be surprised if you could
Old 11-16-2006 , 14:15   Re: Request/Challenge Permanent spray on walls
Reply With Quote #5

how does cs determine whether the map is different then what is in the players map folder? is it done file size or check sum.. i assume infodecal entity is part of the map, wouldnt changing it change the file size or check sum? you stated that you have used decal.wad to spell out things in your maps, how would one do that? can you give me an example? and would this stay on the server permently? thanks for replying...