Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ:nextmap.sma] sayNextMap() when using mapchooser.sma

Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-16-2006 , 22:28   [REQ:nextmap.sma] sayNextMap() when using mapchooser.sma

The very first problem I encountered when using AMXx was that when mapchooser.amxx is enabled, sayNextMap() would display the next map (as it should) before a vote, but of course this would rarely turn out to be the actual next map to be played.

Would it be possible to include the changes I've made to nextmap.sma? You'd obviously need to include a check to see if mapchooser.sma is running to ensure this isn't utilised inappropriately.

Code:
public sayNextMap() {     new name[32]         getNextMapName(name, 31)         new timeleft     timeleft = get_timeleft()         new minsuntilvote     minsuntilvote = timeleft / 60 - 2         if (timeleft < 111)     {     client_print(0, print_chat, "%L %s", LANG_PLAYER, "NEXT_MAP", name)     } else {     client_print(0, print_chat, "[AMX] There will be a vote in approximately %i minutes to choose the next map or extend the current one.", minsuntilvote)     } }
There are clearly numerous improvements to be made, such as changing 111 to the exact time at which the vote would end or even putting this in mapchooser.sma somehow, but this is just to show you what I'm suggesting.

Last edited by Lee; 08-16-2006 at 22:34. Reason: grammar
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 08-16-2006 , 22:30   Re: [REQ:nextmap.sma] sayNextMap() when using mapchooser.sma

I kinda agree with this, or simply output the available maps for the next mapvote before mapchange.
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
Old 08-16-2006, 22:38
Lee
This message has been deleted by Lee.
Old 08-20-2006, 15:12
Lee
This message has been deleted by Lee.
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2006 , 01:20   Re: [REQ:nextmap.sma] sayNextMap() when using mapchooser.sma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatyBanana
or simply output the available maps for the next mapvote before mapchange
I like this idea even more, although the five maps would need to be chosen at the start of a map rather than when the actual vote happens. Another concern would be when multiple votes take place (e.g. the map was extended by an admin after a vote).

Any more thoughts on this?
laurentiu
Old 09-03-2006 , 15:40   Re: [REQ:nextmap.sma] sayNextMap() when using mapchooser.sma

ms man