Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[Req]Custom model choice(very different)

Post New Thread Reply   

World Crafter
Old 07-16-2006 , 22:40   [Req]Custom model choice(very different)
Reply With Quote #1

This is a slightly odd request, however I think most servers that use custom weapon models(mine in particular, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here) could benefit from this idea.
There is an AMX 9.9 plugin (can be found here) that lets you specify any and all custom models used on your server. What I am asking from you guys is to modify this plugin so that when a player connects and joins a team they are presented with a menu simply asking them "Do you wish to use custom models?" and a "yes" and "no" option. If the player chooses "yes" then I would like for the custom models to be displayed for them for the rest of the map. The menu should appear after every map change once the player connects, but I'm pretty sure that will happen anyway because the plugin should take effect when they connect, right?
Needless to say if the player chooses "no" then all their models should remain unchanged for the remainder of the map's time limit.
My server's signature is that certain pistol models are custom gold-colored models. Allthough most of the people who join love the lok of the gold guns, there are those who detest the look. I believe it could be extremely beneficial for servers that use custom models to present the players with a choice, thus giving the server a better reputation and more chances at having plenty of regulars.
I apologize if this request seems a bit rediculous. I just want the best for our players. Thank you for reading this and thanks even more for anyone who is willing to do this.
PS: if I come off as snooty or whatever, I'm not. This is just how I write.