Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CSRSC (Helps manage fastdownloads)

masher
Old 06-06-2005 , 02:14   CSRSC (Helps manage fastdownloads)

CSRSC
Counter Strike Redirect Server Checker

Windows/Linux:
http://www.brainless.us

Currently works with any source gamemod. Support for CS:S, DOD:S, HL2MP is included. Any custom mod requires using a tool included to generate a file for CSRSC to support the gamemod.

I'm an Unreal Tournament player and server admin. One of the biggest hassles I've found with managing servers is keeping the http downloads in synch with the game server, add the option of being able to compress files makes things even more of a pain. I've written a similar program for UT, and thought one for CS:S would be useful. In the Unreal world fastdownloads are called redirection, so I'll refer to it as that from here on out.

In a nutshell it compares the custom files on your server to the files on your redirect. If a file on the game server isn't found on the redirect, it'll compress it, and copy it to the root of your http download area, and also create the appropriate directory structure.

Read the readme.txt file for more info and how to get started.

I'm releasing this in hopes of making things easier for the admins, and making the experience for our players better.

Features:
Query the game server and/or redirect locally
Query the game server and/or redirect via FTP, automatically download/upload files when necessary, while keeping approriate folder structure
Linux and Windows use the same binary, linux users--be sure to read the readme

If you are using IIS6 for your http server, be sure to create a mime type for your .bz2 files, or IIS will not allow the files to be sent.

MODS: I know this area is for admin plugins only, but my program does the same thing as an admin mod. Makes admin'ing easier, and makes the experience for our users better. Mods, feel free to move this to a better topic if there is one.
sslice
Old 06-06-2005 , 04:33  

Looks nice, but why did you use .NET?
Old 06-06-2005 , 10:53  

Only thing I know
Spinner
Old 06-07-2005 , 23:18  

Good Idea Ill be glad to test that! It does seem to be a pain having to add maps,sounds,materials, etc,to 2 different dir's.Or more.
basicer
Old 06-19-2005 , 23:35  

What I have always done is made a symbolic link in my public_html directory to my game server. Apache will follow the link, and everything is good. You can use mod_rewrite to limit access to dirs that you dont want sneeky people to gain access to with a normal browser.
Send a message via AIM to basicer Send a message via MSN to basicer Send a message via Yahoo to basicer
imported_YMAC
Old 06-20-2005 , 20:52  

The whole idea of fast download redirect is to redirect the traffic to another connection so that it does not affect the server's bandwidth...
masher
Old 06-21-2005 , 11:17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMAC
The whole idea of fast download redirect is to redirect the traffic to another connection so that it does not affect the server's bandwidth...
That's not entirely true, a redirects main objective is to get the custom files to the client in an efficient manner. Being able to put the redirect on another server is an added benefit of the system.
Mr Rizla
Old 06-21-2005 , 15:40   tried it :(

got to phase 2 then it always crashes, any help accepted

Riz
masher
Old 06-21-2005 , 15:52   Re: tried it :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rizla
got to phase 2 then it always crashes, any help accepted

Riz
Send me a PM and copy and paste the text that CSRSC outputs.
masher
Old 07-26-2005 , 09:20  

This has been updated to version 1.20. It includes the latest basefiles, better support for custom models, and is more thorough in determining if a file is custom.

To get it, visit the downloads section at www.brainless.us .