Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    A build mod that contains commands to control entities.
    Old 03-31-2013 , 02:22   [Any] Simple-Build (v1.2.2, 23/01/2014)
    Reply With Quote #1

Simple Build (v1.2.2, 23/01/2014)

Note: If anyone is having problems using this plugin, please read this entire post! I have attached all the needed files to make edits to this plugin; if you cannot be bothered to download the files I have provided, I cannot be bothered to reply when you say it doesn't work and haven't read the entire post.

Notice: To edit and recompile this plugin, you must have the MoreColors Include. Everything else that is required to make modifications to this plugin has been provided inside the archive attached.

Background: The story for this mod is rather simple really: I couldn't find a mod that had the specific commands, or worked the way I wanted it to, so I made one. When I first started making this plugin I was extremely novice to SourcePawn, and coding in general, so I did look off of a few other examples to learn. I have provided credit inside the plugin, and I will post (to the best of my recollection) everyone who deserves credit in this post. If you see a feature that is remarkably close to something you have made/released, let me know where it was from and I would be glad to give you the proper credit! This plugin was originally created and tested on Half Life 2: Deathmatch, however, it should work on every Source Engine game!

ConVar List
    Spoiler

Command List
    Spoiler

Installation: The installation of this plugin is like all the other plugins out there ... download the provided archive, extract the contents, and place them appropriately into your server. Inisde the archive, all the files necessary to edit and recompile the plugin will be provided, with exception to the MoreColors include file. That can be found here. The plugin will automatically create any and all directories it needs, and any and all files it needs, with exception to the prop list. Inside the archive I have provided a prop list. Said prop list is the exact prop list from SourceOp, only it has been converted in order to be used with this plugin (Thanks DaftMink!). If you have any problems, please feel free to send me a private message, or post on this thread!

Plugin Features:
    • Prop Ownership: The current ownership of props works such that any prop a client spawns, is owned by said client. Ownership of a prop can be transfered from one client to another using the sb_owner command. Currently, the mod only supports one owner per prop, I will add functionality to allow multiple owners per props soon. The ownership system utilizes the CanUserTarget native, which uses the SourceMod Admin Immunity system. So, admins can target a regular player's props, and depending on how you have your server set up, same level admins can, or cannot, target each other (again, depends on your SourceMod configuration).
    • Custom Logging: Although I could use the regular SourceMod log functions, I use a custom made one. The reason for this is that whenever I look inside of a SM log file, or source log file, it takes me a very long time to find what it is I am looking for. This way, I can find what it is I am looking for very fast, and the only things inside the log file pertain to SimpleBuild. The path to such logs is: sourcemod/simple-build/logs/month/day/log.txt).
    • Custom Save/Load Commands: If you frequent a build server, and build something that you wouldn't mind seeing again in the future, you can save it, and load it at any time that you desire. The sb_save command will save every prop that you have spawned, or that you own (caution: if you spawn a prop in one spot, move, and then forget about it, that prop gets saved too!), and it saves it to file named after the alias you provide. So, if you want to see that building again, simply load the same file alias, and it will spawn every prop as it was originally saved. Caution: If you save under an alias that already exists, it will delete the old file, and save the new props to it.
    • Deletion-Undo Queue: Let's say that someone accidentally deletes a prop, or wants to revert some recent changes they've made. That player can now use the sb_undo command. It saves any prop you delete, up to a defined limit (default 16, can be changed at the top of the script). This command will only revert deletions you have made (to any prop, even if it wasn't yours to begin with).
    Change Log:

Special Thanks:
    • The Twisted Panda: Without you, this plugin would not exist. You have talked me through some very confusing sections of code when I was starting out, and supplied good portions for a feature or two in this. You answer any and all questions I have, and for all of this I am truly grateful.
    • Mitchell: You introduced me to coding, and helped me stick through it until now. Also, the move/copy commands you gave me were a huge! help. Thanks, Mitch!
    • Bubka3: Answers my questions (even if done so reluctantly), and lends an ear when needed. Thank you! Also, gave me code for axis command.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (simple_build.sp - 558 views - 60.5 KB)
    File Type: zip Simple-Build_v1.2.2.zip (67.9 KB, 690 views)

Last edited by Marcus_Brown001; 01-23-2014 at 08:18. Reason: Updated Version
    ilga80
    Old 03-31-2013 , 05:01   Re: [Any] Simple-Build (v0.5.4, 3-31-2013)
    Reply With Quote #2

Don't work on css
    L 03/31/2013 - 15:00:03: [SM] Unable to load extension "vphysics.ext": ═х эрщфхэ
    єърчрээ√щ ьюфєы№.
    Bubka3
    Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
    Old 03-31-2013 , 05:43   Re: [Any] Simple-Build (v0.5.4, 3-31-2013)
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilga80 View Post
    Don't work on css
    L 03/31/2013 - 15:00:03: [SM] Unable to load extension "vphysics.ext": ═х эрщфхэ
    єърчрээ√щ ьюфєы№.
    What doesn't work is your ability to read.
    Quote:
    Important Note: This plugin requires vPhysics to be running on the server. If you do not have vPhysics, you may obtain it by clicking here.
    ilga80
    Old 03-31-2013 , 05:44   Re: [Any] Simple-Build (v0.5.4, 3-31-2013)
    Reply With Quote #4

Bubka3
    I can read
    I installed this extension

Already found the solution:
    rename vphysics.ext.2.ep2v.dll to vphysics.ext.2.css.dll

Last edited by ilga80; 03-31-2013 at 05:46.
    Marcus_Brown001
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-31-2013 , 09:46   Re: [Any] Simple-Build (v0.5.4, 3-31-2013)
    Reply With Quote #5

Yeah .... It works perfectly fine for me. I have a local server set up that I test updates on, and I have never had a problem with it; however, you use to get certain errors using it, but those have all been fixed. It should work without a problem; I have no tested this on TF2 or other source games!

Last edited by Marcus_Brown001; 03-31-2013 at 10:00.
    The Original Shaman
    Old 03-31-2013 , 13:22   Re: [Any] Simple-Build (v0.5.4, 3-31-2013)
    Reply With Quote #6

When I add more than 128 props in simple_build_props.ini plugin not loading.
    There is limit for 128 props, but plugin isnt compiling so i cant edit it cuz dont have #include <simplebuild>

Last edited by The Original Shaman; 03-31-2013 at 13:25.
    healasuk
    Old 03-31-2013 , 14:48   Re: [Any] Simple-Build (v0.5.4, 3-31-2013)
    Reply With Quote #7

So this is what you were working on this whole time.... Good job man!

-Element
    Marcus_Brown001
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-31-2013 , 15:12   Re: [Any] Simple-Build (v0.5.4, 3-31-2013)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Original Shaman View Post
    ... but plugin isnt compiling so i cant edit it cuz dont have #include <simplebuild>
    It really was not all that hard to find .... I uploaded a zip file containing everything someone would need to work on this. Panda has the max config props inside his Build Wars set to 128, and I didn't see the need to change it; however, to change it just edit the line at the top that defines the max config props. The include file is inside the .zip file that is attached to the first post.

And thanks Element!

*Edit*

The next version to be released will have a limit of 512 props. This should allow a little more freedom

Last edited by Marcus_Brown001; 03-31-2013 at 15:36.
    thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 03-31-2013 , 15:27   Re: [Any] Simple-Build (v0.5.4, 3-31-2013)
    Reply With Quote #9

Easier to provide an arbitrary max and recompile than deal with dynamic arrays for trivial things ;3.
    Old 04-01-2013 , 12:12   Re: [Any] Simple-Build (v0.5.4, 3-31-2013)
    Reply With Quote #10

installed the plugin, works fine in hl2dm.You can see it in work here: 95.141.199.230:27016