Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

6v6 Plugins

Post New Thread Reply   

Parabyte
Old 01-29-2013 , 16:29   6v6 Plugins
Reply With Quote #1

I managed to scrape a small amount of buds together for a mini-tournament of teams consisting of 6 players each. Never done this before, but I have put events and other things together before, with different plugins running for whatever I needed them for.

My question here is if there is someone here who has done a 6v6 tourney of small proportion, what plugins did you use that were good for managing it? As it's my server, I will not be playing, because I also have to record it.

Fact aside, I don't think mp_highlander 1 would work properly... plus it doesn't do much for the admin.

So anyone got any tips? Basically I would need a plugin to keep spectators from joining the player slots, maybe with a filter for certain Steam ID's. I would need something so I (being an Admin and spectator, I am recording it for future posterity) I need a plugin to show a scoreboard-type thing to all spectators. I'd also need something to block players from seeing the Spectator chat, except for mine.

Is this possible? Well I know it's possible, but has it happened yet?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-29-2013 , 16:41   Re: 6v6 Plugins
Reply With Quote #2

The easiest thing to do for the spectator part would be to set up SourceTV (via tv_enable 1 in the server's autoexec.cfg), then password the main server. Then, give all spectators the SourceTV address instead of the main server address.

SourceTV can also be used to record demos of the game that you can download and then turn into actual video files later. You start recording using tv_record on the server. I believe demos stop recording on map change, so you need to be aware of this. You can also set tv_autorecord 1 to make all maps auto-record.

You should be using mp_tournament 1 on the server. This enables the Tournament GUI for players and the Advanced Spectator GUI for spectators. It also makes matches not start until both teams are ready... and both teams can also assign names to themselves.

Lets see... other settings you might want include:

mp_tournament_stopwatch 1 - Used on attack/defend CP and Payload maps. Basically, it makes maps shorter by only giving the second team only as long to complete the map as the first team took. Make sure not to use it on other game types, though.
mp_winlimit - Used on CTF/Koth/5CP/PLR maps to control how many wins a team needs to win the map. Most leagues set this to 5 for KOTH, 3 for CTF/5CP, and 2 for PLR (I think).
mp_windifference - Used on CTF/Koth/5CP/PLR maps to control how far ahead a team needs to be before they win automatically. Often used in conjunction with mp_winlimit. Most leagues set this to 3 for KOTH and 2 for CTF/5CP/PLR.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-29-2013 at 16:58.
Parabyte
Old 01-29-2013 , 18:49   Re: 6v6 Plugins
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
The easiest thing to do for the spectator part would be to set up SourceTV (via tv_enable 1 in the server's autoexec.cfg), then password the main server. Then, give all spectators the SourceTV address instead of the main server address.
So it gives a different IP address? Never used SourceTV before.

Quote:
You should be using mp_tournament 1 on the server. This enables the Tournament GUI for players and the Advanced Spectator GUI for spectators. It also makes matches not start until both teams are ready... and both teams can also assign names to themselves.
Wouldn't that only start the game if there were 9 players per team though? I need 6.

Also for the SourceTV, what controls what views the (I'm assuming it has just one) camera will take from? Or does a spectator/admin control it?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-29-2013 , 19:09   Re: 6v6 Plugins
Reply With Quote #4

[QUOTE=Parabyte;1883180]So it gives a different IP address? Never used SourceTV before.

No, it gives it a different port number. You can define the port number with tv_port

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabyte View Post
Wouldn't that only start the game if there were 9 players per team though? I need 6.
Nope. mp_tournament 1 doesn't restrict anything... perhaps you're thinking of tf_highlander 1?

One thing I forgot to mention: mp_tournament prevents the map from changing when the round ends, meaning that an admin has to manually change it.

Edit: Actually, tournament mode CAN restrict classes and weapons, but by default it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabyte View Post
Also for the SourceTV, what controls what views the (I'm assuming it has just one) camera will take from? Or does a spectator/admin control it?
By default, the game auto-controls the view. One of the spectators can choose to control it by hitting the Use key... however, I'm not sure how that works with TF2 since it doesn't have any keys bound to +use

One thing to note: SourceTV operates on a slight delay (5 seconds I think) to help prevent spectators helping the teams cheat.

The demos SourceTV records do not have a fixed viewpoint; it literally records everything that happens in the map. This means when viewing the demo later, you can switch between player cameras as well as free-floating spectate.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-29-2013 at 19:19.
Parabyte
Old 01-29-2013 , 19:36   Re: 6v6 Plugins
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:

Nope. mp_tournament 1 doesn't restrict anything... perhaps you're thinking of tf_highlander 1?
As a matter of fact, I was. XD My bad.

Quote:

Edit: Actually, tournament mode CAN restrict classes and weapons, but by default it doesn't.
Hmm... Well we don't have any weapons restricted (this time) so I don't think that's a big deal right now. I might end up asking again anyways, later.
Parabyte
Old 01-29-2013 , 22:13   Re: 6v6 Plugins
Reply With Quote #6

Hmm ok for some reason, I have put tv_enable 1 in my autoexec.cfg file, and the rest of the TV cvars in the server config. I set mp_tournament to 1, with whatever other cvars for that, and join the server... Neither are on. I go to Rcon and I can manually turn on tournament, but Tv_enable always stays at 0.

However, being a spectator, I typed +use and it said I was now in control of the camera. Tv_enable set to 0.