Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:S] Donator Plugin (1.0.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

alongub
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2012 , 19:46   Re: Donator Plugin (1.0.1)
Reply With Quote #21

1.0.2 (8 February 2012)
  • Added optional MySQL and SQLite support.
  • Added a public version cvar.
  • Added a cvar that represents the amount of health to give to a non-donator after killing a donator, in percent.
  • Changed health and armor values in the ranks configuration file to be multipliers and not absolute values (=> better support with games like TF2).
  • Replaced some deprecated functions.
Upgrade Note: You'll need to change your ranks configuration file and set every health and armor values to be multipliers, and not absolute values. See the config file in the package for an example. The advantage of this method is to allow support in games where health is more dynamic (for example, in TF2 the scout and solider have different health values).

Last edited by alongub; 02-07-2012 at 19:47.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 02-08-2012 , 00:24   Re: Donator Plugin (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #22

Is there a way to add all crits to the plugin. I'm running an achieve server and am getting donators atm, would love to add that. (Or even god mode =P)
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-08-2012 , 02:57   Re: Donator Plugin (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #23

ive updated my server to 1.0.2, btw, i have a suggestion, sm_donatorlist, it will show a list of donators.

thanks!

Edit: in SQLite Database Part You Typed "doantor" Instead of "donator" This is a BIIIG typo.
Edit 2: you can add only alive players for donators [ingame].
Edit 3: when trying to change a donator rank "the player is not a donator" and cant add him to the first level.

Last edited by shavit; 02-08-2012 at 04:19.
dan0ne
Old 02-21-2012 , 14:00   Re: Donator Plugin (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #24

Hello, alongub, nice job, thank you for plugin!
I have some suggestions:
Add giving weapons(configurable);
Add giving skins by STEAM_ID.

This two things will make plugin more full.
i960
Old 03-24-2012 , 16:30   Re: Donator Plugin (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #25

Hi, I love this plugin, but it has some problems in TF2 that caused me to disable it for now. Some of the problems I can fix myself, but others I have no idea what to do. So here goes:

1.) If you are a non-donator, your starting health is set to 100. It seems like this is by design, but I have no idea why. Maybe it's a carry over from a different game, I don't know. I think it's great to add benefits for donators, but nothing should be taken away from non-donators. The offending code is on lines 568 and 569. Here it is:

Code:
if (GetClientHealth(client) > 100)
    SetEntityHealth(client, 100);
If that is by design or meant for a different game, then maybe it should be a cvar so it can be turned off.

2.) There are some spelling and grammar errors, but that is really minor and easily changed. It would be nice if some of the text were configurable instead of compiled into the plugin. For instance, this:

Quote:
Your HP, Armor, gravity and speed has been highered based on how much you have donated.
That really should read "has been raised" instead of "has been highered", but again, minor. The real issue is that not all of those benefits are given to all donors, and some (like armor) don't even exist in TF2. So again, not a big deal, but it would be awesome if the text were dynamic based on the actual benefits to each client.

3.) When a donator has been given any amount of transparency, it becomes extremely obvious when they are a spy and disguised as the other team. If you know there are no donors on your team, and you see a teammate that is semi-transparent, you will automatically know they are a spy. Also, the transparency effect does not affect weapons, hats, or other wearables, rendering it nearly pointless.

4.) The speed benefit does nothing in TF2. I've been comparing your code to that of some TF2 speed changers, and I can see the differences, but I'm not a sourcemod programmer and not sure how to fix it. Anyway, in your code you have this to change the speed:

Code:
SetEntitySpeed(client, ranks[rank][Speed]);
Doesn't seem to work for TF2. In another TF2 specific plugin, I see it done like this:

Code:
SetEntPropFloat(i, Prop_Send, "m_flMaxspeed", g_clientspeed[i]);
There is also a lot of supporting code to make that work, so I'm not sure how to implement it. It's also done on game frame instead of on spawn, and it's likely TF2 specific. So you would have to do something like this to check:

Code:
if(StrEqual(Game, "tf"))
Anyway, just thought I would point the issues out. Overall it's a great plugin and a great idea. Just wish I could use it.
Roundcat
Old 03-26-2012 , 11:11   Re: Donator Plugin (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #26

Thanks for a simple, plugin. Wish it worked!

I also noticed that all non-donators are spawning at only 100hp. Man, did they complain. They started dropping off the server super quick so I shut the server down and disabled it fast.

This plugin seems to be broken
until the fix is implemented.

On another matter slighly increasing speed and HP is a big seller for people to donate. I cant work out how the giving of HP to non donators works as it seems to give them HUGE amounts of HP.

Also which is the correct instruction to enable the cvars?
sm_donator_health
or
sm_donator_health 1
or
sm_donator_health "1"
Its not made clear.
☠☠☠
Old 04-08-2012 , 19:39   Re: Donator Plugin (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #27

ETA of fixes to the plugin? Or is the creator inactive?
alongub
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2012 , 19:49   Re: Donator Plugin (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison View Post
ETA of fixes to the plugin? Or is the creator inactive?
I'm currently working on a different version of this plugin that is much more complex, more modular and more consistent between games. I currently have no ETA, I'll release it when it's ready.

In the meanwhile, I changed the plugin game to CS:S instead of Any (it works perfect in CS:S).

Last edited by alongub; 04-08-2012 at 19:53.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 04-08-2012 , 20:54   Re: Donator Plugin (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongub View Post
In the meanwhile, I changed the plugin game to CS:S instead of Any (it works perfect in CS:S).
Many of its components worked in Team Fortress 2 aswell, however, like posted before the hp was glitched for non donators, speed didn't work, and armor made no sense to TF2, which is why I understand the change to CS:S.
spacezed
Old 04-20-2012 , 10:01   Re: [CS:S] Donator Plugin (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #30

Any have mysql support active?, i add the lines to the database.cfg but this not create my db, any have this running with mysql?

Thx

EDIT: On log i get, Connection to SQL database has failed, Reason: Could not find driver "mysql", it's my problem ;-) thanks

EDIT II: Mmm, on MySQL this save donators OK but NOT load from db, any suggestion?

Last edited by spacezed; 04-22-2012 at 17:00. Reason: I find the error