Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-26-2011 , 20:18   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
I've got a question...

I know the TF2 Web API doesn't return the real item name for most items (TF_WEAPON_BAT). How'd you get the real item names? I've looked through your code, and all I see is it pulling the Web API, JSON decoding it, and sticking it in the database. Where's the code to replace the item names with their actual names? This is something I'm very interested in.

Great plugin, by the way.
If you add a language param to the request you get the localised names.
Old 10-26-2011 , 20:22   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
If you add a language param to the request you get the localised names.
Holy crap, I never knew that. That should make things so much easier with the TF2 trading site I'm working on. Now I only have to enter item descriptions manually, instead of both descriptions and names.

Edit: Oh wow, not even that. Adding the language parameter also gives item descriptions. I feel stupid now.

Last edited by Dr. McKay; 10-26-2011 at 20:41.
pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-09-2011 , 11:49   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #183

No idea how to add the "Server" column to the WI?
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 11-11-2011 , 01:53   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
No idea how to add the "Server" column to the WI?
Looking at the database, I see that it'd require a plugin update, as it doesn't log the server hostname/IP to the database, only "localhost", which I assume is unintended.
Old 11-11-2011 , 06:22   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Looking at the database, I see that it'd require a plugin update, as it doesn't log the server hostname/IP to the database, only "localhost", which I assume is unintended.

Servers table is working with hostname and IP fine on my test setup - IP has to be defined on the command line via +ip to log correctly though. - Only reason I haven't added it to the table is the amount of space the typical server name uses up. i.e. "GamingMasters.co.uk #2 -- Stock Rotation -- HLStatsX" - I'll see if I can add an option for it though.

Last edited by Geit; 11-11-2011 at 06:23.
Obsidian
Old 11-11-2011 , 08:27   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geit View Post
Servers table is working with hostname and IP fine on my test setup - IP has to be defined on the command line via +ip to log correctly though. - Only reason I haven't added it to the table is the amount of space the typical server name uses up. i.e. "GamingMasters.co.uk #2 -- Stock Rotation -- HLStatsX" - I'll see if I can add an option for it though.
You could always store a hash of the server name - this fixes it to 32 characters (or less if you truncated it) if you were using something like md5.

"If you're not willing to do it right, don't get involved with security or Explosive Ordinance Disposal."
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-11-2011 , 10:09   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #187

I'd love to see a "Item Traded From Player" Column... I could care less about what server since I've got a diff database and directory setup for each of my servers currently.

The "Item Traded From Player" column would be handy in the cases of scamming... perhaps pick up that player FROM and Player To even if both are not in the server together but at least one?
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 11-11-2011 , 13:21   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I'd love to see a "Item Traded From Player" Column... I could care less about what server since I've got a diff database and directory setup for each of my servers currently.

The "Item Traded From Player" column would be handy in the cases of scamming... perhaps pick up that player FROM and Player To even if both are not in the server together but at least one?
I don't believe it's possible to pick up the from player if they're not in the server together via SM. However, if they're both in the server, the plugin could look for two people receiving items from trading within ~10 seconds of each other.
Old 11-15-2011 , 22:14   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #189

Ok not sure if its a conflict here or with the fakeitem plugin but lets say a fakeitem is sent up for a regular item "found" as in a drop for some reason it's showing up as "Crafted" in this and I'm unsure why?
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-22-2011 , 11:02   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #190

Any chance at getting the extra columns added or at least have it not see the "fake items" plugin when used... if you fake something that doesn't exist like a unusual key then it gives an error that you have to manually remove in the database.