Old 11-10-2010 , 04:26   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #881

hello

ok np

thanks you
acetone
Old 11-23-2010 , 15:53   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #882

Is this plugin the best method for allowing more than 4 survivors in L4D2? It doesn't seem to be working for me. Is there a better plugin to use?
LordTurbat
BANNED
Old 11-28-2010 , 04:29   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #883

help my plz i wana make a server whit 0/10 max
like 4 suvivor 4 infected + 2 spectators
and its not working for my..
can someone plz tell what to do exact for 0/10
Galaxy9000
Old 11-28-2010 , 05:04   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #884

@Skorpion1976,acetone,LordTubat:
Hi all,
first problem is, that the programmer has left this projects, but it works atm (hopefully long time):
1. You need a Extenstion (use L4ToolZ, latest version 10RC3) with the newest MM and SM Plugin!
2. This SuperVersus: Edit the cfg-file for max infected and surv (e.g. 10 and 10)!
3. After this u must unreserved your server with the cvars in your server.cfg then at ur server can more then 8 players joined.
4. You can use the Infected Bots Plugin to fill up the infected slots bevor human joins as there. The Surv bots automatically raise up to max. players.

20 Player for 10vs10 (same as mine VS Servers) is stable, above not. But its not the plugin or extension, it is the "limit" from the source servers. I tried 32 player 16vs16 for a long time, but it has network issues and not very time stable. So let it to 20 VS or you try it up...

EDIT: Forgot, i use a Root with Win2008R2 Server, so i dont know how it works under Linux Versions

CSS: 64 Player w/ Bots, ES XA, many Plugins (Splahdmg, ExplosiveDeath etc.), Spawnpointgen.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ NO PUB SERVERS ATM

Last edited by Galaxy9000; 11-28-2010 at 05:06. Reason: OS
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2010 , 09:09   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #885

1-4 is nothing new, everyone who operates a server should know that by now. I use superversus ever since and run several multislot vs servers since june 2009. I know that DDRKhat left, itīs posted by himself on one of the previous pages. What I was talking about was only the fact that the engine is not running stable with more than 20 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy9000 View Post
Hi all,
first problem is, that the programmer has left this projects, but it works atm (hopefully long time):
1. You need a Extenstion (use L4ToolZ, latest version 10RC3) with the newest MM and SM Plugin!
2. This SuperVersus: Edit the cfg-file for max infected and surv (e.g. 10 and 10)!
3. After this u must unreserved your server with the cvars in your server.cfg then at ur server can more then 8 players joined.
4. You can use the Infected Bots Plugin to fill up the infected slots bevor human joins as there. The Surv bots automatically raise up to max. players.

20 Player for 10vs10 (same as mine VS Servers) is stable, above not. But its not the plugin or extension, it is the "limit" from the source servers. I tried 32 player 16vs16 for a long time, but it has network issues and not very time stable. So let it to 20 VS or you try it up...

EDIT: Forgot, i use a Root with Win2008R2 Server, so i dont know how it works under Linux Versions
Galaxy9000
Old 11-28-2010 , 13:24   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
1-4 is nothing new, everyone who operates a server should know that by now. I use superversus ever since and run several multislot vs servers since june 2009. I know that DDRKhat left, itīs posted by himself on one of the previous pages. What I was talking about was only the fact that the engine is not running stable with more than 20 players.
ah ok now i understand. But, since the extension exists that always is known, that above 20 Player is not stable. This is the source dedicated problem and no plugins can fix it (hopefully that next l4d-versions has maybe more player slots standard)

CSS: 64 Player w/ Bots, ES XA, many Plugins (Splahdmg, ExplosiveDeath etc.), Spawnpointgen.

LordTurbat
BANNED
Old 11-29-2010 , 09:57   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy9000 View Post
Hi all,

ok mate im done whit it i fiend my self.. but thx..

you can use superversus whit l4dtools its working 0/10 you dont need extension.. just use batch.bat file and its works good

the problem whit mny was that i forghet to instal extention but i delet it because it crash server sot i use onlu l4dtools + superversus that all ..
kpaxian
Old 11-29-2010 , 13:25   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #888

Hi guys
I had a problem that I read many others had here.

As a reminder - the problem is that on the second round of the first map when the survivors spawn they have no health, no weapons and no ammo. Also the tank has 0 health points.

I don't know if anyone realised but if you test, and slay all the characters and move on to the second map, the weapons, ammo, health etc all starts working again. The tank gets his health back too (I think - I didnt test the tank fully). I recommend when you first start the server to set sm_cvar z_tank_health 6000 (or whatever you want) this will get around the 0 tank health prob.

So the problem definitely seems to only be on the second round of the 1st map.

I haven't tested to see if by going through the map and going back to the very start again, whether the problem comes back - I suspect not.

Either way, its still a major flaw because no one wants to spawn with just a pistol and no health.

So I took the plugin source from the first page and added a bit of code to force the game to spawn health, an SMG silenced and a few magnums at the start of a round.

This works, and makes the 1st round playable for the second set of survivors.

The downside is that later rounds you will have a few extra medkits and pistols in the safe room (for both teams) no big deal really.

Hope someone finds it useful. (I cant offer any support for this as Im pretty new to source modding).

P.S:

I also tweaked the sm_hardzombies stuff because I felt that setting it to 1 was not quite enough and 2 was too much. 3 and 4 are a joke because it was making 3x30, or 4x30 zombies in hordes and that lags the hell out of the server.

So with sm_hardzombies 1, I put mobs at 40 and megamobs at 55. Rather than 30 and 45.
Attached Files
File Type: smx l4d_superversus.smx (8.5 KB, 168 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_superversus.sp - 405 views - 20.8 KB)
Galaxy9000
Old 11-29-2010 , 17:48   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #889

@kpaxian:
Whooo nice, i will try it the next days, yeah i see that the second round the surv have not weapons, tank bug, blah blah
(So i use MultiTanks with 2 Tanks ad 60000 HP and Round Item Giver...)
Thanks

kpaxian
Old 11-30-2010 , 09:58   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #890

Cool Galaxy - looked forward to hearing the result!