Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Statistical
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    A Simple Plugin That Displays a count of both Kills & Headshots.
    Old 10-07-2010 , 22:34   [L4D & L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #1

Kill Counters

About Kill Counters:

It was at first scripted from another plugin. I can't remember which one I looked at to get the style but everything else is original. I started work on this and I'm a number loving person. Anything statistical or displays how well my headshots are to my kills I enjoy.

What Kill Counters Does:
    What does Kill Counters do? Okay it has two counters. One for Kills, One for Headshots.

For both yourself and your team. It is an Accurate measure of count which includes Special Infected. Including Tank & Witch. It displays on your screen in the Hint Section. It also has a Panel that displays a bit more information. Both your Kills & Headshots. Plus your total Kills and your Headshot to Kill Ratio.

Installing Kill Counters:
    Place the .SMX file into your addons/sourcemod/plugin/
    Then restart the server and the plugin should be activated.

Cvars for Kill Counters:
    sm_killcounter 1
    Determines plugin functionality

sm_killcounter_ad_interval 1
    Amount of seconds between advertisements.

sm_killcounter_f 1
    Friendly Fire message.

sm_killcounter_ff 1
    Print to attacker.

In game Commands for Kill Counters:
    !settings - Displays if you have the plugin enabled/disabled.
    !kills - Shows you detailed information. Plus allowed Restarting of Kill Counters.
    !counter - Disabled/Enabled Counter.
    !teamkills - Shows your teams detailed information. including everybody's kills in a list

To-Do with Kill Counters:
    I class this plugin as a finished product. If there are any bugs/problems I shall pick it up and make it work again. Also if a feature is highly requested. I shall see about inserting it in.

My Thanks
    The Person I took the very BASIC script from for the counters. (Forgot His Name)
    Panda
    ThelvynFox

Changelog of Kill Counters:

V 1.0.0
    -Initial Release of Kill Counters.
    V 1.1.0
    -Added !teamkills command. In this you get everybody's Total Kills, Headshots and Normal kill then a bit underneath that lists the sperate player and his Kills, Headshots and total kills
    -Added Friendly Fire Display. In this if you shoot a bot it tells you but if you shoot another player is tells you where you shot them.
    -Changed the way the plugin displayed to client.
    V 1.1.2
    - Fixed a Bug (Try 2)
    V 1.1.5
    - Added new feature for advertisements
    - Fixed a Bug (Try 3)
    V 1.2.0
    - Fixed to work in latest version of L4D2 (Sorry won't be checking for L4D)
    - Fixed announced information timer (Did testing changing from 30 seconds to different intervals worked on my end)
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_killcounter.sp - 656 views - 13.2 KB)
    File Type: smx sm_killcounter.smx (8.7 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by nakashimakun; 08-23-2022 at 09:40. Reason: New Version...
    johnsons
    Old 10-08-2010 , 01:08   Re: [L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #2

good job man
    Old 10-08-2010 , 07:53   Re: [L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #3

Thank you.
    pisdone
    Old 10-09-2010 , 11:00   Re: [L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #4

Nice man, was searching for this since forever omg... I saw this a couple of times is L4D1, and maybe one time in L4D2, then nothing anymore...as if no one actually had invented this damn plugin. Then God sends you to make the "dirty" job and to finally give to mortals the KILL COUNTER ahah. THX dude ;)
    nakashimakun
    Old 10-09-2010 , 11:28   Re: [L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #5

@Pisdone.

No problem man. Glad it's what you was looking for
    nakashimakun
    Old 10-10-2010 , 13:20   Re: [L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #6

After some testing I found this plugin works on Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2. So that opens up the use for this plugin. Enjoy
    Zepboy
    Old 10-23-2010 , 02:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #7

I love the Kill Counter plugin. Being completely unfamilar with Sourcemod and modding in general I wonder if it be difficult to modify it so that all 4 survivors scores are shown as a persistent scoreboard on the top left or top right of the scren, rather than just the individual players score appearing on screen and then disappearing.
    CHeers
    Richard
    marvel
    BANNED
    Old 10-23-2010 , 14:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #8

Very nice plugin. One question though, if you disable kill counters will it remember your setting? Does it write to a file or do you plan DB support?
    marvel
    BANNED
    Old 10-24-2010 , 17:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #9

Something is not right. A new player joined the game and he had 1000 kills without even shooting anything.

And one more thing, could you disable the kill counter for special infected? I think it's a little bit pointless to have it on then.

Thanks.
    nakashimakun
    Old 10-25-2010 , 05:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Kill Counters.
    Reply With Quote #10

Hey

@Marvel -

Simple way to fix the guy having 1000 kill is type !kills and use the reset counters command in that menu that's why it's there.

Its a counter of everything so you could keep track of what you killed and how many I'm going to put into the menu command !kills to show you how many were infected and how many work SI hopefully. so that'd give it reason for counting all the kills

I have it counting everything because that was how my clan and many people who played on my server requested it to be made if more people request that it change I'll do the change. I'll try working a version without SI aswell then as that way everybody can use it. I can't estimate a time limit as I'm busy with work. But I'll keep you posted.

And to disable it use !counter that should disable it and it uses sm_cookies so it should remember that you disabled it.

@zepboy

I'll have a look into your idea for a scoreboard but a small problem with this would be that it takes up the menu space on the left which wouldn't be good but I spose a command like !killstats could bring up a menu so you could see how all for players are doing. - This sounds like a good Idea. I'll have a look into making it work.

NakashimaKun