Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)

Post New Thread Reply   

Searcher64
Old 07-03-2010 , 07:47   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #51

There's a problem with +grab. It only works with the first person who uses it. If another person tries to use +grab after the first person, the item will just parent to the first person instead of the second person. Fix for this? Maybe you can also add OWNERSHIP to the items so other people can't delete other people's stuff except the admins. And can you remove some of the unremovable items such as the big stairs spawn? They can't removed unless you do !removelast

Also can you add a save function? like !savebuild, and then !loadbuild and it would save what you spawned in its exact place, and then it would spawn again in its exact place when new round starts

Last edited by Searcher64; 07-03-2010 at 17:10.
alainsiow
Old 07-03-2010 , 09:46   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieHunterX View Post
learn to write properly.
ur problems: 1: It doesnt enable
2: u cant spawn a minigun
3: menu doesnt work.
well: in ur console Fortspawn_enable 1 should enable it. then menu should work too. if it doesnt it then your sourcemod is screwed up/a plugin is conflicting with the fortspawn plugin.
and minigun,should work too when menu works.
okok.....i can spawn anything!!!! with fortspawn,thats mean the fortspawn works properly...,the only thing is i cant use the menu (if i am the 1 who host)while i typed fortspawn_menu...,i jonied my friend's game(he also got fortspawn),then he cant use the menu...but i can(cuz i am "joiner") and why does everyone say i doesnt enable the fortspawn<<<<<<<(noob does it),the only problem is menu....sry wrote kinda angry

Last edited by alainsiow; 07-03-2010 at 09:49.
alainsiow
Old 07-03-2010 , 11:06   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #53

WTH....i downloaded the new version of fortspawn it doesnt work for spawning stuff(enable 1 already),but fortspawn_rotate,fortspawn_remove works! help.....
klarg
Old 07-04-2010 , 06:52   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
There's a problem with +grab. It only works with the first person who uses it. If another person tries to use +grab after the first person, the item will just parent to the first person instead of the second person. Fix for this? Maybe you can also add OWNERSHIP to the items so other people can't delete other people's stuff except the admins. And can you remove some of the unremovable items such as the big stairs spawn? They can't removed unless you do !removelast

Also can you add a save function? like !savebuild, and then !loadbuild and it would save what you spawned in its exact place, and then it would spawn again in its exact place when new round starts
I will be work on that, but not now ,when there will be free time, I will definitely work on this.
possibly that I had planned, soon to be realese.

Last edited by klarg; 07-04-2010 at 07:02.
Searcher64
Old 07-04-2010 , 07:28   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #55

And just another suggestion, maybe you can add a command called !rise? I've seen it on my favorite Half Life 2: Deathmatch servers that has their own build systems. Here's my big list of suggestions

1. Add ownership to items except from admins
  2. Add !rise (!rise 1, !rise -1 to move items up and down in the same place)
  3. Block +grab from being used on players
  4. Block fortspawn_remove from being used on players
  5. Remove the unremovables
  6. Add the save function!
  7. Stop menu from disappearing after choosing an option in "Controls"(?)
  8. Fix bug where map-made ladders are not working after a certain amount of time (not sure if this plugin is the prob)
  9. Add climbable ladders!!!!
  10. Add working lights! (such as spotlights)
Maybe this can be a big big big big big big big big big big big big big update!

By the way, when you have the time, can you add the code to this also? Cause I changed some wording around so it would be easier to know what the spawns are. I also added sv_cheats options and added spawning medkits and pills, moved some spawns to other categories so they would fit, changed commands, removed the unremovable objects, and added new spawning objects. thanks! I hope this will be the best building mod ever for L4D2.

Last edited by Searcher64; 07-21-2010 at 17:07.
klarg
Old 07-04-2010 , 13:45   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
And just another suggestion, maybe you can add a command called !rise? I've seen it on my favorite Half Life 2: Deathmatch servers that has their own build systems. Here's my big list of suggestions

1. Add ownership to items except from admins
  2. Add !rise (!rise 1, !rise -1 to move items up and down in the same place)
  3. Block +grab from being used on players
  4. Block fortspawn_remove from being used on players
  5. Remove the unremovables
  6. Add the save function!
  7. Stop menu from disappearing after choosing an option in "Controls"(?)
  8. Fix bug where map-made ladders are not working after a certain amount of time (not sure if this plugin is the prob)
  9. Add climbable ladders!!!!
  10. Add working lights! (such as spotlights)
Maybe this can be a big big big big big big big big big big big big big update!

By the way, when you have the time, can you add the code to this also? Cause I changed some wording around so it would be easier to know what the spawns are. I also added sv_cheats options and added spawning medkits and pills, moved some spawns to other categories so they would fit, changed commands, removed the unremovable objects, and added new spawning objects. thanks! I hope this will be the best building mod ever for L4D2.

it's work for non one user... it's needest team working
Old 07-04-2010 , 22:36   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #57

Another one :O

11. The fix for +grab view

Aww come on XD You were skilled enough to write the whole plugin! Why not this? Besides, they're just suggestions

_______________________________EDIT DOWN HERE

Another Bug: Object (ent:555) removed, but not in any player spawned list. You still have 27 spawned objects.

This was when I deleted a safe room door someone made. It says that it's not in anyone's spawn list but it is....0_o

Last edited by Searcher64; 07-05-2010 at 15:38. Reason: bug
Frodo
Old 07-06-2010 , 17:20   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #58

those are good ideas !!!
water_cat1
Old 07-06-2010 , 19:15   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #59

no wait. found a window. YES!!!
However i have found quite a few that pop errors or do not appear. I am goin to try another map, then give you a list. although it would be great if i could change the menu via config file.

Last edited by water_cat1; 07-07-2010 at 04:09. Reason: corrected
jack pete
Old 07-07-2010 , 16:26   hi
Reply With Quote #60

hi, can someone explain to me how i install and use this plugin, i am desperate to get this working thankssss !!

where do i put the download'd files etc?? thanksss