Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games

Post New Thread Reply   

NoS
Old 05-07-2010 , 22:53   Re: psyRTD - A Modular RTD Core
Reply With Quote #11

Any development on this? It would be nice to have some effects.
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 06-09-2010 , 18:05   Re: psyRTD - A Modular RTD Core
Reply With Quote #12

Uh yea... about that...

*hides*
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-21-2010 , 09:50   Re: psyRTD - A Modular RTD Core
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoS View Post
Any development on this? It would be nice to have some effects.
Since it appears no one has created (or at least not shared) any effects for this yet, I decided to work on the api a bit more and create some effects.

Attached is (an untested) 1.0 alpha version of the core and two effects modules which I will continue to maintain. The tf2 one is only for tf2 and the generic one should work on all games.

If feedback is good, I will update the first post with these and continue, adding effects. (everyone else is welcome to do so as well!)

The API is a little bit more rich now, now supporting the registering of timed effects without the module having to keep track of any timers. In addition to specifying whether the effect is good or bad, a name, and a function to call when rolled, you specify a duration for the effect and a function to call when the effect should end. The end function will also tell you the reason it ended (time ran out, player died or player disconnected).

The attached core and modules will each create a config in cfg/sourcemod as they have many cvars for maximum configurability.

Most of the included effects are from pheadxdll's TF2 rtd plugin and the two from the tf2 example plugin on the first post. I'll give more detail about included effects when updating the first post if testing goes well. The auto-create config files should have decent descriptions.

As before, modules are stackable. Adding more modules adds more effects.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (psyrtd.sp - 169 views - 19.2 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (psyrtd-generic-effects.sp - 184 views - 22.0 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (psyrtd-tf2-effects.sp - 163 views - 3.8 KB)
File Type: inc psyrtd.inc (3.0 KB, 160 views)
File Type: smx psyrtd.smx (11.3 KB, 162 views)
File Type: smx psyrtd-generic-effects.smx (15.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: smx psyrtd-tf2-effects.smx (4.7 KB, 153 views)

Last edited by psychonic; 06-21-2010 at 10:01.
NoS
Old 06-24-2010 , 20:11   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #14

I will give it a shot, I can't code worth my life so this helps.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-24-2010 , 20:20   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoS View Post
I will give it a shot, I can't code worth my life so this helps.
Wait another day. I found some bugs with some of the effects. I'm pretty sure I fixed them on my local copy but haven't tested yet, mostly due to all the recent css nonsense . I will try to post a newer version tomorrow, maybe even with more effects.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-30-2010 , 08:30   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #16

psyRTD General Effects Module
(should be compatible with all/most games)
Current Version: 1.1.1
Last Updated: 2010-07-20

Good Effects:
Godmode
Toxic (Everyone within a certain radius of you dies)
Cheetah (extra speed)
Health buff
Noclip
Low Gravity
Invisibility

Bad Effects:
Explode
Snail (slow speed)
Freeze
Health Nerf
Drugs
Blind
Beacon

Each effect can be enabled/disabled individually and many also have other possible settings such as adjusting duration. See the auto-created cfgs/sourcemod/psyrtd_generic.cfg for all options.

More effects yet to come. I will keep this post updated. (It will be linked from the first post.)

Changelog:
Code:
-Fixed an error when rolling god mode.

Initial public release
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (psyrtd-generic-effects.sp - 460 views - 29.8 KB)
File Type: smx psyrtd-generic-effects.smx (18.1 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by psychonic; 07-20-2010 at 13:57.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-30-2010 , 08:32   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #17

psyRTD TF2 Effects Module
(compatible with TF2)
Current Version: 1.0
Source Last Updated: 2010-06-30

(recompiled on 2010-07-20 for tf2 inc change)

Good Effects:
Powerplay
Ubercharge
MiniCrit Buff
All Crits

Bad Effects:
"Overtime" spam
Jarated
Bonk'd
Scared
Force Taunt

Each effect can be enabled/disabled individually and many also have other possible settings such as adjusting duration. See the auto-created cfgs/sourcemod/psyrtd_tf2.cfg for all options.

More effects yet to come. I will keep this post updated. (It will be linked from the first post.)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (psyrtd-tf2-effects.sp - 268 views - 10.3 KB)
File Type: smx psyrtd-tf2-effects.smx (6.9 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by psychonic; 07-20-2010 at 11:43.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-30-2010 , 08:33   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Wait another day. I found some bugs with some of the effects. I'm pretty sure I fixed them on my local copy but haven't tested yet, mostly due to all the recent css nonsense . I will try to post a newer version tomorrow, maybe even with more effects.
I've made new posts for the generic and tf2 modules with more effects.

Next up, a new example script showing off how easy the registerTimedEffect native is, more generic effects, and a CS:S-specific effects module.
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2010 , 09:06   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #19

some time ago i started modding this to be used by other plugins too - but i discontinued it - dont know why anymore. nonetheless, i've coded some effects which probably only need minor tweaking to be compatible with this again - mostly they are conversions from the presents plugin.
i'll try to make them work as soon as i have some minutes left.

BAFFLED
Old 06-30-2010 , 09:19   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn View Post
some time ago i started modding this to be used by other plugins too - but i discontinued it - dont know why anymore. nonetheless, i've coded some effects which probably only need minor tweaking to be compatible with this again - mostly they are conversions from the presents plugin.
i'll try to make them work as soon as i have some minutes left.
I also considered trying to continue that, just didn't have the ambition to do so. This had already been sitting too long without any real use so I took the fast track to get it to something usable.

That would be great if you wanted to port some of those. My included effects are admittedly and intentionally unimaginative, just made to give basic functionality and inspire others to create something better.

If/when you do port them, feel free to suggest anything that would make the API more useful for effect creators.