Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

What stats tracking plugins do you use?

Post New Thread Reply   

DrWagstaff
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-07-2010 , 21:33   What stats tracking plugins do you use?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys. I just had a really lame last few days. My TF2 server was crashing CONSTANTLY. Usually it eats the dirt about once a week, if that. I literally reinstalled the entire server twice, and added back all my SM/MM stuff from backups. Still crashed.

So, then I did it piece by piece, from a fresh install of both SM and MM. 40 installed mods later, I realize that the TF2 Stats mod is what is making my server unable to start in under 2 minutes, and crash in less than a few minutes if it does manage to make it up. Once I removed that plugin, it worked fantastically.

Basically, I can't use TF2 Stats anymore. I've looked around at various alternatives, and I want to hear some of your opinions on HLSTATS CE vs GameMe etc. Or others which I don't know about yet

Thanks guys.

Also, bonus points to whoever can help me install HLSTATS CE on my linux VPS if I decide to go that route. The installation manual I found was pretty to the point, but some of the steps didn't make a whole lot of sense to me as I'm a linux-if-i-have-to kind of guy.
Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff
deriggs007
Old 06-07-2010 , 21:53   Re: What stats tracking plugins do you use?
Reply With Quote #2

HLSTATS CE is nice. It's one that is constantly updated, but it's a little harder to setup than the other ones.

It could cripple your web host if you have too many servers running it.

If you're not bad and have a good host, or only a few servers, give it a try.
Send a message via MSN to deriggs007
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 06-07-2010 , 22:38   Re: What stats tracking plugins do you use?
Reply With Quote #3

You could check out angrygaming.org for free HLStatsX:CE hosting, just a thought.
Old 06-08-2010 , 01:59   Re: What stats tracking plugins do you use?
Reply With Quote #4

or you could buy hlstatsx premium for 5 dollars for the first server and a dollar for an extra. They just lowered the pricing and are developing it again.

SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-08-2010 , 08:28   Re: What stats tracking plugins do you use?
Reply With Quote #5

psychonic, you forgot to mention the helpful, friendly and knowledgable staff with active forum support. Plus the client's ability to post feature requests and bugs via the open source tracker.

@DrWagstaff, for me HLStatsX:CE all the way. My web server and game servers are both in the same data center. No need to connect to servers half way around the world. I did that for a while with a free Psychostats host (like gameme, also in Germany). After we got our own VPS I switched to HLStatsX:CE and all of our players are much happier with the in game commands and their response time. They love the detailed information in the web interface too.

Setup wasn't as automated as Psychostats, but the installation instructions and FAQs that HLStatsX:CE has in the forums here: http://forums.interwavestudios.com/f...dor-upgrading/ answered everything needed to be up and running in little time. I do recommend that you spend a little time to read them before you actually start installation and make sure your system meets the listed requirements.
deathcurse
Old 06-08-2010 , 12:28   Re: What stats tracking plugins do you use?
Reply With Quote #6

Was using HLstatsX CE for a while and found with 4+ servers full it was very slow.

Moved over to GameME now, very fast and very reasonable. You get further discount if you have more than five servers too!