Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

amxbans 4.0

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

QuakerOates
Old 06-07-2005 , 17:36   Re: MySQL 4.1.11-Debian_0.dotdeb.0-log

add the game server ip to the mysql host allow list in admin section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaegermeist0r
I'm using this mysql dotdeb backport on my server and got some problem wth the amx sql module. Whenever a Gameserver wanted to connect to the SQL DB i got this error:
"[MySQL] DB Connection failed(1251): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client "

I fixed this problem with "SET PASSWORD FOR 'user'@'host' = OLD_PASSWORD('password');" in my mysql shell and it works fine. But now i wanted to install the amxbans webinterface and after i enered the sql information in step 1 i got the following error msg:

Can't connect to server. Please check your connection details and try again.

The connection details are 100% ok and work fine for my Gameserver. Can anybody help me, to solve this problem? I think it is an authentication problem and i have to modify the mysql connect part of the php code to "old_password" style, but i don't knwo how to.
Old 06-08-2005 , 06:23   Amxbans broke with latest update!

Hey YoMama or someone else that is a genius at this (which I'm not ) Is there a way to fix so add_live_ban uses the new serverquery? I'd hate to see half of this superplugin go to waste.

/Patrick Gissberg
CorneliusT
Old 06-09-2005 , 19:51  

i agree!
blinky
Old 06-11-2005 , 23:39   Problem with web interface

I installed amxbans 4 by the readme. at first i got errors during setup.php's last page about access stuff on config.inc.php. so i created a blank file and put it in a ran setup. it seemed to work fine but now i cant login to the web interface. wheni use the right username and password it does nothing. but when i give a wrong one it give me an error for wrong password so i know its working. can someone help me out?
QuakerOates
Old 06-12-2005 , 03:34  

nayeem try from scratch and make sure your permissions are set , per the instructions in the setup page.

what webserver is the site running on?
linux,windows with apache/iis?etc
Old 06-12-2005 , 03:55  

I have my own dedicated RHEL 3 server which i have root access (if i need to update or install stuff to fix this problem)
i have all the up2date latest versions of the software
im not sure about the exact numbers but i think apache is 2.0, php is 4.3.2 and mysql is 3.23. i have webmin installed cause im not hardcore enough to do everything by console.

ive already reinstalled this like 5 times already. i dropped the database. i deleted the files and reuploaded them. i think they main error is when im installing it i get these error on the last page of the setup.php:

Code:
Warning: fopen(/home/csserver/public_html/bans/include/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/csserver/public_html/bans/admin/setup.php on line 806

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/csserver/public_html/bans/admin/setup.php on line 814

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/csserver/public_html/bans/admin/setup.php on line 815

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/csserver/public_html/bans/admin/setup.php on line 816

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/csserver/public_html/bans/admin/setup.php on line 819

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/csserver/public_html/bans/admin/setup.php on line 819

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/csserver/public_html/bans/admin/setup.php on line 822

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/csserver/public_html/bans/admin/setup.php on line 823
right above the grey box but it still says it succeded

i _think_ i fixed it by making and empty file called config.inc.php and putting it in the includes folder. i didnt get any errors but i cant login. i dont think im supposed to do that. what i believe the problem is is that i cant create files for some reason. im really new to linux so its hard for me know all this access stuff. speaking of which i even chowned my whole directory where all my files are just to make sure. i think when you login it has the same type of error as it had when it tried to make the config.inc.php file. im guessing (i dont know how this stuff works) it makes some sort of cookie on the server and it cant because of permissions. but i dont see how permissions can be the problem. i dont know if i missed anything, its like 3 and i have work at 8 :0 i better sleep!

EDIT: i have 1 game server on the same machine as the web server. i have a phpnuke website and psychostats 2.? that uses the mysql server too. i successfully used the admin_mysql before i installed this to see if admins would work. that table is in a seperate database. i read through ALL of this thread and half of the one on the amxmod forums and i still havnt seen anything like this. why do errors pick on newbies!
QuakerOates
Old 06-12-2005 , 05:10  

well if you me pm with your msn and i can give it a go for you.
does you mysql db have full allow access to amxbans usage?
Old 06-12-2005 , 09:09  

What this ??
Warning: main(/include/functions.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/amxbans/ban_list.php on line 45

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/include/functions.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/amxbans/ban_list.php on line 45
Old 06-12-2005 , 16:13  

i get that same thing because a config.inc.php isnt created. but when i do create a blank one and let setup modify it i cant login afterwards.
Proach
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2005 , 16:36  

ccmod?

www.psmod.net (the better psychostats)
PAOL
Send a message via ICQ to Proach
Closed Thread