Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Total n00b Server Owner Question

Post New Thread Reply   

Mortdredd
Old 12-20-2009 , 04:28   Total n00b Server Owner Question
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there,

as the title of this thread suggest's I'm a total n00b when it come's to configuring and running servers and have a question,

I have a server running 3 instances of TF2 srcds with meta and source mod on there with afew of the fun plugins like the pyro exploded and that seems to be working fine. However I want to start getting some sponsors/premium subscribers onto the server to help with the running costs. The question I have is simply how do I get some of the plugins to work only for the sponsors (instant respawn/infinate ammo kind of thing) while leaving the fun ones i allready have working for all players?

thanks in advance
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-20-2009 , 07:38   Re: Total n00b Server Owner Question
Reply With Quote #2

Either the plugin will support such features or they won't and you'll have to code them in yourself (or get someone else to do it for you).
Votkrath
Old 12-20-2009 , 09:24   Re: Total n00b Server Owner Question
Reply With Quote #3

I think there are plugins out there that makes it possible for certain user levels to use certain functions. You can possible make something work out of that - But personally my knowledge about this is very low so I can't help you about that but I think you should look in the plugin section for something like that.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-20-2009 , 09:29   Re: Total n00b Server Owner Question
Reply With Quote #4

Oh, if the plugin(s) in question use a command to do what you want, you can always use overrides to set them to the donor's flag.
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2009 , 01:02   Re: Total n00b Server Owner Question
Reply With Quote #5

There's a Premium plugin in my signature, it doesn't have everything you want, but you can check out the features it has.