Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Loading / Unloading Plugins

Post New Thread Reply   

meng
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2009 , 01:45   Loading / Unloading Plugins
Reply With Quote #1

maybe somebody can help me here. is there anyway to have certain plugins unloaded/disabled by default. however, be able to use cfg files to load them? im trying to load simple custom content plugins ONLY for certain maps. i have the map-cfgs plugin working perfectly. i looked into using plugin_settings config file but im not sure it provides this functionality. if i "blockload" a plugin. can i call for it to load with cfg files?
Send a message via Yahoo to meng
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 07-01-2009 , 10:38   Re: Loading / Unloading Plugins
Reply With Quote #2

Put the plugins into the disabled directory and then sm plugins load/unload them in your configs.
meng
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2009 , 14:58   Re: Loading / Unloading Plugins
Reply With Quote #3

maybe im doing something wrong but.. as you say, i put them in the disabled dir. but *sm plugins load my_plugin.smx* doesnt do the trick. ive tried both in the map cfg and by server console and all it does is provide a list of the plugins that are enabled? if i were to get this to work, would i have to unload the plugin with another cfg entry? i need them to be disabled by default. but enabled when the map-cfg calls for it. possible? thx for helping!

Last edited by meng; 07-01-2009 at 15:01.
exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-02-2009 , 05:36   Re: Loading / Unloading Plugins
Reply With Quote #4

Try
Quote:
sm plugins load "disabled/my_plugin"

For developers: Colors library
Send a message via ICQ to exvel
meng
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2009 , 14:40   Re: Loading / Unloading Plugins
Reply With Quote #5

thx! that worked! but now i have the problem i thought i might run into. the plugins stay loaded despite map changes. is there something i can do to prevent this? perhaps in plugin_settings? im more or less clueless as to what plugin_settings can do. just a thought.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 07-02-2009 , 21:26   Re: Loading / Unloading Plugins
Reply With Quote #6

Loading and unloading plugins to turn them on/off isn't really a good way to do it in the first place, but if you can't code and the plugins don't have cvars for controlling their behaviour, you don't have a choice. You'd have to handle all loading and unloading in your configs. You can unload_all and refresh to reload all the ones not in disabled.
meng
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 17:25   Re: Loading / Unloading Plugins
Reply With Quote #7

i must have seen an old plugin_settings config. because i swear i saw an option to have the plugins lifetime set to just 1 map. but in mine there is only an option to reload everymap. i guess ill have to try and code the plugins to give me more control. could somebody tell me what loading a plugin paused or blockloading is all about. maybe i could use one of these functions to control the plugins? just curious, thx for your help! i can merely edit simple plugins, i cannot write my own. but if its my only option ill try and edit them with proper enable cvars.
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-04-2009 , 01:14   Re: Loading / Unloading Plugins
Reply With Quote #8

I believe you could create a cfg/mapname.cfg. Basically model it like the cfg/sourcemod/sm_warmode_on.cfg .
Quote:
//This file unloads all plugins, re-loads a few "safe" ones, and then prevents
//any more plugins from being loaded.
sm plugins unload_all
sm plugins load basebans.smx
sm plugins load basecommands.smx
sm plugins load admin-flatfile.smx
sm plugins load adminhelp.smx
sm plugins load adminmenu.smx
sm plugins load_lock
Replace the above plugins with what ever you want to load and leave out the ones you don't want loaded.

Then you could put these lines from the cfg/sourcemod/sm_warmode_off.cfg in your server.cfg to put back to normal.

Quote:
//This file re-enables a server from "war mode" by unlocking plugin loading
//and refreshing the plugins list.
sm plugins load_unlock
sm plugins refresh