[L4D(2)] Remove Lobby Reservation (When Full) 1.1.1
Are you tired of lobby reservation ruining your day? Want to change the gamemode after connecting to your server from the lobby, but can't? Want to have more than 8 players connect to your server after you connected from a lobby?
This plugin solves these problems by automatically removing the reservation once the server is "full" (meaning the maximum amount of players that can join a server from a lobby). This means 8 for a versus/scavenge lobby, 4 for a survival/coop lobby.
Once all the lobby players are connected, it will automatically remove the lobby reservation and you can now change the gamemode or tell the rest of your friends to connect via the console for some 8v8 action (note: separate plugin is required for proper 8v8 support).
You can verify your server is unreserved at anytime by typing in status in console and looking for a line (unreserved) next to (not hibernating)
- sm_unreserve - Manually remove lobby reservation at anytime
- l4d_unreserve_version - the version of this plugin
- l4d_unreserve_full - (1) Automatically unreserve the server when it gets "full" (8 at versus/scavenge, 4 at coop/survival), (0) disabled
You will need to buy extra slots from your GSP, i.e. +maxplayers 16 on the command line, to get more than 8 players
- 1. Upgrade to SourceMod 1.3 or later.
- 2. Install latest Left 4 Downtown extension from here (0.4.0 or later required).
- 3. Place .smx file into /addons/sourcemod/plugins
To developers of other plugins, feel free to use all this code to add unreserving to your own (existing?) plugins. View this more of a sample plugin than anything, since I'm only planning to maintain this for bugfixes only.
- 1.1.1 - Removed message when server has been unreserved automatically. It will always be unreserved as soon as the server is full.
- 1.1.0 - Removed "IsReserved" check which prevented plugin from working on Linux after the function was removed from the server binary.
* 1.0.0 - 1491 (smx), 469 (sp)
The .SP file will fail to compile using the web compiler, download the .SMX file instead