Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    This plugin revamps the cash flow system to favor giving more money to the losing team and less money to the winning team.
    Old 06-06-2009 , 17:03   [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin revamps the cash flow system. A lot of times the winners keep on winning
    and get better guns which enable them to win more - this creates a downward spiral
    for the losing team. Servers will give you 16k cash all the time to fix this. This plugin
    tries to balance the cash flow system out and make the winners work harder to keep winning.
    It tries to reverse the concepts of the current cash flow system and simplify them a
    little as well. All the variables involved are modifiable for you to fine-tune.

Current System:
    The losing team gets 1,400 plus 500 for each consecutive loss up to a maximum of 2,900.
    If the bomb was planted the terrorists get an additional 800 added to their total.
    On DE maps, Ts and CTs both get 3,250 for winning UNLESS the bomb exploded, then Ts get 3,500
    On CS maps, the Ts and CTs get 3,000 base +150 for each hostage that is untouched/touched and alive/dead

This Plugin:
    The losing team is awarded a generous amount of money
    The losing team will get less money if the winners manage to complete their objective (rescue hostages, bomb, etc.)
    The winning team will get less money for each consecutive win

Version 1.0.3
    Fixed bug where start money wasn't given correctly on join or after the game was reset

Version 1.0.2
    Fixed bug where spectators accumulate cash
    Fixed bug where plays receive random cash joining between rounds

Version 1.0.1
    Fixed orangebox upgrade problem (round_end reasons off by 1)
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ReverseCashFlow.sp - 1250 views - 7.8 KB)

Last edited by databomb; 07-18-2011 at 23:54. Reason: Upgrade to v1.0.2
    zerosin
    Old 10-07-2009 , 13:27   Re: [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #2

Hi there,
    This is almost what I'm looking for replacing the "Pity Money" we used to have when we ran ES & Mani.

I was wondering if there is any CVARs or config file to this plugin, I'd like to control the outcome of the $$$ given to the losing team. As our previous mod is titled "Pity Money" I'd like the CTs to keep their money made if they won the round, and change around the $$$ option.

But great work though, I'll be testing it out on our 32 person server to see if the pubs like this version.

Thanks again,
    zero

Last edited by zerosin; 10-07-2009 at 13:30.
    zerosin
    Old 10-07-2009 , 14:04   Re: [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #3

Found the problem,
    SM 1.2.4 will not generate the cfg file for me, tried it on another box with SM 1.2.3 and it generated the cfg file.

Thanks for this plugin, its another great addition to promothing teamplay.

Peace,
    zero
    databomb
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-09-2009 , 12:04   Re: [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zerosin View Post
    Found the problem,
    SM 1.2.4 will not generate the cfg file for me, tried it on another box with SM 1.2.3 and it generated the cfg file.

Thanks for this plugin, its another great addition to promothing teamplay.

Peace,
    zero
    Hmm, good to know. Let me know if you have any suggestions for changes. I'd love to check out how the game changes on your server sometime.
    ASTFA
    Old 06-26-2011 , 01:42   Re: [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #5

There's a problem with this plugin for server owners who wants first round cash to be $800:

On the first round of every map, this plugin will automatically hand cash out due to the previous round being a 'draw' (it's not really a draw, it's just that the game is resetted when both teams has players).

This plugin also prevents cash to be resetted to $800 if someone joins the opposite team from it being empty. Below is an e.g.:

X joins T on a de_ map on an empty server. He plants the bomb and lets it explode over a few rounds and accumulates some cash. When Y joins the server, the server signifies a 'round draw', but neither of the player's cash is resetted to $800 (when Y joins a team he/she's automatically given $800). X ends up with $16000, Y ends up with $800 + $N (variable defined in plugin's cfg).

databomb
    Veteran Member
    Old 06-26-2011 , 17:02   Re: [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #6

ASFTA, I updated the main thread post with a new version, v1.0.1. The reason codes were off since this plugin wasn't updated for such a long time. This should fix any problems you were having with it.
    Old 06-27-2011 , 22:14   Re: [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #7

Thank you for updating =)

I'll see to use it when I next have time to update my server. Thanks again.

ASTFA
    Old 06-29-2011 , 19:55   Re: [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #8

Found another bug / exploit.

If a player joins a server, then goes spec (or play a few rounds, then go spec), he/she is able to accumulate cash over the rounds to start with $16000.

databomb
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-06-2011 , 18:15   Re: [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ASTFA View Post
    Found another bug / exploit.

If a player joins a server, then goes spec (or play a few rounds, then go spec), he/she is able to accumulate cash over the rounds to start with $16000.
    Fixed with the new version 1.0.2.
    Old 07-18-2011 , 02:05   Re: [CSS] Reverse Cash Flow
    Reply With Quote #10

Thanks databomb for the update.

There is just a small bug left. If a warm-up system is used (in my case this is from mani), and if during warm-up more than one round is played, the player's cash will carry forward once warm-up finished and the scores are reset.

E.g. Warm-up happens after map change, a few rounds ran through during warm up and player's cash accumulates. Warm-up timer reaches 0 and the score (and the current round) is reset. Players keep their cash they accumulated during warm-up.

Please note it's taken me some time to understand how this bug works and if the above isn't it, then perhaps players gets a random chance to keep their cash. Note all players gets to keep their cash if it does carry over to round 1.

But all in all this is a good mod, thanks again databomb.