Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across multiple servers
What does it do?
It permanently mutes/gags and silences players.
If they decide to change their name to reflect their unhappiness, then you can rename them permanently.
This plugin is intended for admins and server ops running many Source servers and have access to a MYSQL/PHP/Web server.
If you simply need a plugin for a single server, then you should use FLOOR_MASTER's version
This plugin provides two levels of muting/gagging/silencing: temporary and permanent. Temporary only lasts for the duration of a map, or the player's connection. Permanent affects all servers in your community and lasts until an admin removes it.
Players that are gagged or silenced are also prevented from using/spamming the voicemenu.
Examples of Websites:
Source Dedicated Server
- Create a new SQL database, and make note of the database name, the database username, the database password and the database hostname.
- Unzip commstools from the Web Server folder onto your desktop and edit:
adding all the database data, any email data and the name of your community
Updating from previous version
- Upload all the contents of commstools from the zip file to your web server where you want CommsTools installed.
- Using commstools.sql, import the MYSQL data into your new database (using phpmyadmin)
- Check it is all working by going to http://www.yourdomain.com/commstools and log in as Adminstrator, password Administrator.
Go to the Admin center and create a new user, then give them level 9 Admin. Usernames and passwords must be longer than six characters. Then delete the Administrator user.
Backup the folder before copying over the new files.
Watch that you don't over write your config files.
Import the 'update_commsdb.sql'
- Edit your addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg file and add a new section:
filling in the information with all the database data.
- Upload commstools.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins folder
- Move basecomm.smx to the disabled folder
- Add sm_commstools_msg "See yourdomain.com for details" to server.cfg
- Restart the server and check for any errors in the logs
The web interface has nine levels of admin. Level 9 admins have full access. Level 3 can edit database entries but cannot delete them.
Other levels are not used, yet.
To change a player's mute/gag status, simply click the icon and it will change.
The banner is located in the commstools/images and is called logo02.jpg. It is an 800x100 image.
The rename interface is similar:
Game Server Interface
This plugin replaces basecomms.smx from the main SourceMod package. It incorporates a good part of that plugin to allow temporary muting/gagging and silencing. Temporary means that the player to disconnect and reconnect to unmute themselves, or they can also become unmuted at the end of a map.
Unlike SourceBans, I do not have provision for timed temporary muting/gagging/silencing, yet. It is not as easy to do, but I may look at it for a future upgrade.
- sm_pmute <#userid|name> - Permanently removes a player's ability to use voice. Toggle.
- sm_pgag <#userid|name> - Permanently removes a player's ability to use chat and voicemenu. Toggle.
- sm_psilence <#userid|name> - Permanently removes a player's ability to use voice, voicemenu and chat. Toggle.
- sm_pname <#userid|name> <name> - Permanently removes a player's ability to rename themselves. Toggle.
And of course, because it incorporates part of basecomms, it also has the SM commands: sm_mute, sm_gag and sm_silence for temporary comms control.
If they leave the server, permanent rename selects a new name for them when they rejoin.
FLOOR_MASTER for the initial idea
AlliedModders, as ever...
- No longer checks bots!
+ Now uses threaded SQL calls
+ Fixed a bug where apostrophes in hostnames would prevent data being uploaded to DB
+ Added support for Insurgency
+ Fixed Administrator password
+ Add voicemenu chat spam to silence command
+ Fixed a bug with common translations
Fixed authentication method for VALVe's new Steam IDs
+ Added 'Reason' to Web interface and server plugin
+ Included permanent rename plugin
+ Added search function to web interface
+ Fixed bug where STEAM_0
:2xxxxxxx numbers gave the wrong community link
+ Added message so that server ops can let muted/gagged/silenced players know where to contact an admin for help
+ Added a message that tells a player they have been permanently muted
+ Fixed bug where admin could gag themselves
+ Added redirects for all CStrike/DoDS voice commands so that a gagged/silenced player cannot spam voice