Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)

Post New Thread Reply   

koss_4life
BANNED
Old 11-07-2008 , 09:31   Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #1

Hey!

I need a plugin that gives players different ranks in the form of "glow colours"

For example:

Player A have played the server for 10 min = he will get green glow
Player B have played the server for 20 min = he will get yellow glow
Player C have played the server for 40 min = he will get blue glow
Player D have played the server for 80 min = he will get red glow
Player E have played the server for 160 min = he will get pink glow

The glow will NOT reset if the player reconnect FAST enough (he has 1 min to reconnect the server before he lose his rank and glow - Im thinking of mapchange cause I have mp_timelimit "20" on my server and I have alot of maps ) (Check STEAM ID maby?)

I found a plugin that remind of this here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...ht=normal+kill

But I need this kind of plugin that gives you rank depends on how long you have played on the server (before you disconnect and dont reconnect in 1 min)
Next day you connect the server again, you will start from the beginning with green glow

I hope some one could make this plugin cause its pretty cool idea imo. All players on my server love the ranksystem and want something like this Thats gonna motivate ppl to stay longer on your server

Last edited by koss_4life; 11-07-2008 at 09:40.
koss_4life
BANNED
Old 11-14-2008 , 07:29   Re: Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #2

Any one who can please help me with this plugin? I really need it!

It has been for weeks now and still no answers

I hope you can please help me cause this is really useful for my server!

+ karma
hleV
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2008 , 07:31   Re: Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #3

It's easier to take attention to a player who is glowing. Don't you think? They will get killed faster.
Old 11-14-2008 , 07:56   Re: Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by koss_4life View Post
Hey!

I need a plugin that gives players different ranks in the form of "glow colours"

For example:

Player A have played the server for 10 min = he will get green glow
Player B have played the server for 20 min = he will get yellow glow
Player C have played the server for 40 min = he will get blue glow
Player D have played the server for 80 min = he will get red glow
Player E have played the server for 160 min = he will get pink glow

The glow will NOT reset if the player reconnect FAST enough (he has 1 min to reconnect the server before he lose his rank and glow - Im thinking of mapchange cause I have mp_timelimit "20" on my server and I have alot of maps ) (Check STEAM ID maby?)

I found a plugin that remind of this here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...ht=normal+kill

But I need this kind of plugin that gives you rank depends on how long you have played on the server (before you disconnect and dont reconnect in 1 min)
Next day you connect the server again, you will start from the beginning with green glow

I hope some one could make this plugin cause its pretty cool idea imo. All players on my server love the ranksystem and want something like this Thats gonna motivate ppl to stay longer on your server
I think it would be better if it was like this:

Player A has played in the server for 30 min = he will glow green
Player B has played in the server for 50 min = he will glow yellow
Player C has played in the server for 80 min = he will glow blue
Player D has played in the server for 120 min = he will glow pink
Player E has played in the server for 200 min = he will glow red
Player F has played in the server for 300 min = he will glow white

then the rank resets every day! and if possible, if he disconnects it will keep track of how long he has been away from the server and subtract time from the rank. i dont know if this is possible though since they wont be connected to the server. and also every 3 kill streak they get 5 minutes added to their time(cvar for this)
BANNED
Old 11-14-2008 , 08:19   Re: Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleV View Post
It's easier to take attention to a player who is glowing. Don't you think? They will get killed faster.
I know but since Im running a Deathrun-server, its doesnt really matter if they are visible or not!

Or if its possible, maybe you can make the head (only) to glow?

and not the rest of the body

It should be pretty nice!
{PHILMAGROIN}
Old 11-14-2008 , 18:29   Re: Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #6

I attempted and failed. still very new. but here is what i got and it compiles but it doesnt work. im sure somebody could edit it and get it working now that there is a base. also i was just attempting to get the glow after a certain time someone was in the server. failed. here we are: credits go to brad for his get_time_lenght. i tried using his code from this link: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...et_time_length
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #include <fun> #include <time> #define PLUGIN "Glow Rank" #define VERSION "1.0" #define AUTHOR "{PHILMAGROIN}" public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("glowrank","1.0","{PHILMAGROIN}")     register_cvar("amx_glowrank","0")     register_logevent("glowrank",2,"0=World triggered","1=Round_Start")         register_dictionary("time.txt") } public glowrank(id) {     new on = get_cvar_num("amx_glowrank")         if(on){         new s_timeUnits[32];                         read_argv(1, s_timeUnits, 31);             new timeUnits = str_to_num(s_timeUnits);                 // grab the type of time units             new s_unitType[4];             read_argv(2, s_unitType, 3);                 // note that we pass the id of the player we're getting the length for.             // this allows us to return a string formatted in that player's language.             // it also means that if you print some text to all the players on the             // server, you'll need to loop through and call this function for each.             new timeLength[128];             if (equali(s_unitType, "MIN"))                 get_time_length(id, timeUnits, timeunit_minutes, timeLength, 127);                                     if( timeUnits > 10 ) {                 set_user_rendering(id,kRenderFxGlowShell,0,255,0,kRenderNormal,20)                 client_print(id, print_chat, "You are glowing!")             }                         if( timeUnits > 20 ) {                 set_user_rendering(id,kRenderFxGlowShell,255,255,0,kRenderNormal,20)                 client_print(id, print_chat, "You are glowing2!")             }                         if( timeUnits > 40 ) {                 set_user_rendering(id,kRenderFxGlowShell,255,0,0,kRenderNormal,20)                 client_print(id, print_chat, "You are glowing!3")             }                         if( timeUnits > 80 ) {                 set_user_rendering(id,kRenderFxGlowShell,255,0,0,kRenderNormal,100)                 client_print(id, print_chat, "You are glowing4!")             }                     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

Last edited by {PHILMAGROIN}; 11-14-2008 at 18:31.
koss_4life
BANNED
Old 11-14-2008 , 18:46   Re: Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by {PHILMAGROIN} View Post
I attempted and failed. still very new. but here is what i got and it compiles but it doesnt work. im sure somebody could edit it and get it working now that there is a base. also i was just attempting to get the glow after a certain time someone was in the server. failed. here we are: credits go to brad for his get_time_lenght. i tried using his code from this link: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...et_time_length

Nice try m8! Im gonna try to compile it now!

Hopefully I can get it work hehe!

EDIT: No, It doesnt work Anyone who can try to make it work?

Last edited by koss_4life; 11-14-2008 at 21:13.
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 11-15-2008 , 05:33   Re: Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #8

amx_glowrank 1 ?
Old 11-15-2008 , 09:36   Re: Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #9

Setting default amx_glowrank 1 should help the plugin to work yes, but also you should fix(loose indentation):
read_argv(1, s_timeUnits, 31);
Send a message via MSN to SnoW
koss_4life
BANNED
Old 11-15-2008 , 10:11   Re: Play longer on the server = more status (Glow rank)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaw View Post
amx_glowrank 1 ?
I had amx_glowrank 1 , yes, cause I changed the standard cvar to 1 already

I will post the logs here soon. Will come back with edit