Hi all, some of you may know me from FPSB or YouTube.
I am making a map for CS:S JailBreak that will incorporate a number of scripts. The differences in my JailBreak version are many;
The layout of the map is such that CT's have an "overview" position and can generally control the inmates without mixing with them too much in the common areas. The CT's will have plenty on their hands restricting the amount of inmates in a given area for a number of reasons.
1) the CT's and T's alike will start with NO weapons of any sort, including the C4 pack; it will spawn randomly somewhere in the map. They will have to find it.
2) CT's will start with $16,000 start money and immediate access to the buyzones while the T's will have the default of $800. Many doors are restricted to CT access only.
3) buy zones are "permanent" in that they can be used at any time within 9999 minutes to purchase weapons. Arsenals are isolated in CT restricted areas (more on how the T's get to buyzones shortly). Buyzones are for both CT and T players (2 buyzones) and also spawn knives. The game time limit for the bomb zones will also be extended.
4) To plan and execute an escape, the T's must find their way into a restricted area, either by "gating" behind a CT or by accessing the large ventilation system that wends thru the prison. Vents have motion sensors and will alert the CT's if they attempt to access a restricted area. The alarm will sound and all inmates will have 1 minute to return to a cell during lockdown mode or lethal force is authorized. Some CT's will have to corral inmates and do a head count while others try to ferret out the missing inmate(s).
Only one of the bomb sites is in a general access area.
5) to buy weapons to mount an effective escape, T's will be able to do chores in the prison to earn buy money such as cleaning, serving food or cooking, reading to NPC inmates in the infirmary, doing laundry etc. They can also gamble, play basketball (for money), call family for cash and even sell contraband.
6) If a T finds a knife (there are several hidden throughout the prison common areas) or finds the C4 pack he may attempt a break out. If he is discovered with the weapon(s) by the guards, CT's can escort him to the basement solitary confinement cells where ALL of his weapons will be stripped including the C4 pack. Once locked in, the T's solitary cell will open automatically after 5 minutes. He will then need to be escorted back to the general population areas or he will have access to restricted areas. If the T is caught with the C4 pack and it is stripped, another C4 pack will automatically spawn somewhere else in the map once he is placed in the solitary cell.
The basic idea behind both the layout of the prison and the money-earning system is to give the T's something innocuous to keep busy with while they plan their escape and in turn relieving the need for the CT's to constantly boss the inmates around, trying vainly to control their every movement.
The map is about %75 done, has been tested extensively with many players and at least a dozen BOTs and the FPS is fantastic. I have friends making custom player skins, models and scripts. The scripts, if they work the way I want, will really make the game as far as adding the chores-to-earn-money aspect goes.
Here are some screens;
you can also view a walkthru video here;
once it is done, if it all works, I will post an extensive tutorial on how to make a map of this type including the specific pre-existing entities I am using to make %85 of it work, along with the custom scripts required to make the pay system work. I am hoping to also make server-side scripts that penalize the CT's for killing an inmate, The system looks down on that after all.
Thanks for reading, I know it is alot.