Yes 22 70.97%
No 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Shark Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

seoulxkorean
Old 07-05-2008 , 20:43   Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #1

I've seen a shark mod on this forums but haven't found one that works the way that we play it in our server.

Basically, a shark is where someone is designated to become shark and becomes no clipped and can only use their knife. The shark's objective is to kill as many t's or ct's as possible without dying. Once the shark dies the killer becomes the new shark.

Edit: The main difference between this idea and others (aka Juggernaut/existing Shark Mod) is instead of 1 vs all it is the two teams going at it (terrorists vs cts) and the addition of the shark playing as a spectator (revived and no clipped).

I know some amx scripting but couldn't make the mod work right but I can describe exactly what I'd like if someone is willing to write it. Below I've written out guidelines for what I'd like to see in the plugin.

AMX Commands:
amx_voteshark - Allowable to anyone w/ vote command and will ask a vote to enable shark mod. If shark mode is enabled, it will ask for a vote to disable shark mod.
amx_shark 1/0 or on/off - Enables/disables shark mod

CVARS:
sharkmod_maxrounds # - Max rounds a player can be shark (0 = disabled)
sharkmod_health # - Health a shark should have (default 100)
sharkmod_speed # - Speed the shark should have (default should be normal)
sharkmod_spawntime # - Number of seconds the shark is invulnerable for when they are spawned
sharkmod_glowcolor color/none - Make the shark glow a specific color or not at all (if value = none)
sharkmod_waitshark 1/0 or on/off - If set to 1/on, the person who kills the shark will become shark on the next round. If set to 0/off they will become shark immediately.

Plugin Behavior:

1. Once a vote has passed to enable sharkmod or is enabled using the amx_shark command, randomly choose a player from the T/CT team to become shark.

2. Switch the randomly selected shark to spectate, revive them, strip them of any weapons except knife, and give them no clip.

Note: Before switching them to spectate, store which team they were on so they will be switched back after they die and somebody else becomes shark.

3. Once the shark gets killed by a player, switch him back to the team he was on and, depending on the sharkmod_waitshark cvar, either turn the shark killer into the new shark immediately or wait until the following round. If shark_maxrounds is not 0 and the shark has survived that many rounds, randomly select another person to become shark and repeat the above steps.

Other feature I'd like to see:
Store player name/steam ids in a config/dat file for the most amount of kills they get as shark without dying (and perhaps a total) and display the current leader (with most kills w/o dying + most kills overall as shark) when shark mod is enabled.

Additional Info:
A similar sharkmod plugin already exists but switches everyone to one team which kinda ruins the game for people who want to play regular (Ts vs CTs + shark) (see: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...ight=shark+mod ). If there is an experienced plugin writer who could modify that plugin to do what I've posted above that would be great. It'd probably make it easier to write after looking at the code for the other shark mod plugin. Some of my ideas came from that plugin as well.

Anyone interested?
A lot of people on the CS servers I help manage love playing shark but it is a lot of work to do all the procedures I've outlined above. It'd be nice if it was self-run so people could play shark whenever everyone wants it or a server admin could easily switch it on/off. I'd love you forever if you can produce a working plugin following the above specifications. I'd be willing to donate some $$ as well.

Last edited by seoulxkorean; 07-14-2008 at 01:39.
BlackMilk
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2008 , 11:28   Re: Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #2

There's already a ton of these 1 vs. the rest plugins out already, I don't remember the names but there's plugins like Juggernaut (or something).

Sorry I can't be of more help, I don't like them so I've never done anything with 'em.
seoulxkorean
Old 07-06-2008 , 15:26   Re: Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMilk View Post
There's already a ton of these 1 vs. the rest plugins out already, I don't remember the names but there's plugins like Juggernaut (or something).

Sorry I can't be of more help, I don't like them so I've never done anything with 'em.
If you actually read my post you'd know that this isn't 1 vs all. This is regular CT vs Ts with the addition of the shark being a spectator. That way two teams can play sub-normally while the shark preys on either team.

Currently there is no plugin doing this. All the other ones, aka Juggernaut/the other shark mod switch all players to one team which most players do not like. They prefer playing against the opposing team w/ the addition of the shark.
Guilty Spark
Old 07-06-2008 , 19:03   Re: Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #4

I may write this up later, sounds like a good idea.
Superhero Mod ([S0|0]) - 63.209.37.33:27015
[IMG]http://img157.**************/img157/1031/guiltyspark2tn9.png[/IMG]
Send a message via AIM to Guilty Spark
seoulxkorean
Old 07-08-2008 , 19:55   Re: Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Spark View Post
I may write this up later, sounds like a good idea.
I'm hoping you're not getting my hopes up for nothing =D
Bojangles
Old 07-08-2008 , 22:26   Re: Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #6

I was the original requester of this mod. Edeloa started to make it. He got through to where it was stable but I suggested the same thing that you did. It would be alot better with CT vs T and 1 shark. So as not to interrupt gameplay. Maybe someone can just add on to the already existing.
Send a message via AIM to Bojangles
seoulxkorean
Old 07-10-2008 , 15:47   Re: Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #7

Glad to see a bunch of other people wanting this plugin as well. Would be nice if more people voiced their written opinion of it as to help convince someone to write it =)
seoulxkorean
Old 07-12-2008 , 00:36   Re: Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #8

Still nobody? =*(
Guilty Spark
Old 07-16-2008 , 09:25   Re: Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #9

I'm writing it as I post this, almost done.
Superhero Mod ([S0|0]) - 63.209.37.33:27015
[IMG]http://img157.**************/img157/1031/guiltyspark2tn9.png[/IMG]
Send a message via AIM to Guilty Spark
seoulxkorean
Old 07-20-2008 , 21:59   Re: Shark Mod
Reply With Quote #10

Guilty Spark ftw! Can't wait til your done to test it out =)