Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

create respawnable weapon entitiies ?

Post New Thread Reply   

steambob
Old 05-05-2008 , 17:58   create respawnable weapon entitiies ?
Reply With Quote #1

How can one create respawnable weapon entities without the use of the Stripper plugin?

Combination CreateEntityByName-DispatchSpawn-TeleportEntity works only once.

Thanks in advance.
V0gelz
Old 05-06-2008 , 13:03   Re: create respawnable weapon entitiies ?
Reply With Quote #2

works only once? don't think so, i made a plugin where i spawn props all over the map and it does the CreateEntityByName more then ones :p
Old 05-06-2008 , 13:48   Re: create respawnable weapon entitiies ?
Reply With Quote #3

sorry for being not clear, what I was creating the entities which automatically reappear after they've been picked up.
V0gelz
Old 05-06-2008 , 16:09   Re: create respawnable weapon entitiies ?
Reply With Quote #4

well, i guess you just need to make a timer or some check if the entity is still on the spot it should be spawned , but don't think it would work because if you spawn something or moves allready. Maybe true something else you can check if it is still there. And ones you have that check you can just make a timer to check it like every 1 second.
Old 05-06-2008 , 21:27   Re: create respawnable weapon entitiies ?
Reply With Quote #5

picking to it from what V0gelz..a timer you would pretty much do it after you spawn it and you could do checks for if it was destoryed, has an owner entity, model changes...etc or simply making a global array with the size of all game entities and storing the origin of the entity and maybe angles if u wanna make sure it didnt move...

another idea that might work im not sure is hooking "item_pickup"//css Only
and since that gives you the name of the item not and string you could search the player weapon slots for an item with that class name and get the index and then you could check if the weapon was created by you or not by assigned a var or something to it.
Old 11-19-2008 , 06:34   Re: create respawnable weapon entitiies ?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0gelz View Post
works only once? don't think so, i made a plugin where i spawn props all over the map and it does the CreateEntityByName more then ones :p
What/Where is that plugin?

Especially for Dod:source it would be nice if at roundstart everyone spawn with a pistol weapon. Primary weapons/munition would spawn on random places and have to be found. I have absolutely no idea how to realize it.

Thx

Last edited by BenSib; 11-19-2008 at 06:50.
V0gelz
Old 11-20-2008 , 16:42   Re: create respawnable weapon entitiies ?
Reply With Quote #7

well i don't know how it goes with dod:s but i would just strip everyonce weapons then let them spawn with there pistols. then get coordinates to where you want to spawn weapons/ammo. then spawn the items on those locations. what you can do is to check if the item you spawned is still alive ( give the entity a name or something, like in maps you can add names to entitys you can spawn ) and kill it, then start a timer to spawn another item. or if dods has some sort of entity that automaticly spawns entitys in the map you can try to mess with that to.

tbh i would need to do some research to realize it and testing. but i don't have the time to do it. look around and try to spawn props on your specific coordinates and worry about respawns later. you can allways put enough down on those spots. also you can let the "respawn ammo/weapons" function triggered by the player spawn event.

anyway it's an idea..
good luck BenSib!