Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Cvars won't register, getting "error 017: undefined symbol" on compile

Post New Thread Reply   

TwN
Old 05-01-2008 , 08:22   Cvars won't register, getting "error 017: undefined symbol" on compile
Reply With Quote #1

This is part of my first plugin, OverKill, OK in short. The cvars, kinda overkilled the amount of cvars, won't register, or atleast, I can't get their values with get_cvar_num/float/whatever.

Error on compilation (webcompiler):
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpcZV5XX.sma(68 ) : error 017: undefined symbol "amx_ok_reward_cap"

This happends on several other occasions, but I think they are all on the same cause. I changed the plugin size (#pragma), had a dumb thought that all those cvars needed more memory, wasn't the case.
Code might look messy, as I tried hard to fix it, I really tried everything I know.

PHP Code:
public plugin_init(){ 

register_plugin(NAME,VERSION,AUTHOR)

register_cvar("amx_overkill","1")

register_cvar("amx_ok_perc","100")

register_cvar("amx_ok_life_cap","0")

register_cvar("amx_ok_max","125")

register_cvar("amx_ok_reward_cap","25")

register_cvar("amx_ok_perc_capped","33")

register_cvar("amx_ok_ff","1")

register_event("DeathMsg","overkill","ade","5=0")

register_event("ResetHUD","load_health","be"

register_logevent("save_health",2,"1=Round_End"
    return 
PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}
//..//
//line 68//

new reward_cap get_cvar_num(amx_ok_reward_cap
(uploaded sma aswell)

Last edited by TwN; 02-07-2009 at 12:03.
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2008 , 08:46   Re: Cvars won't register, getting "error 017: undefined symbol" on compile
Reply With Quote #2

Code:
new amx_ok_reward_cap public plugin_init(){     register_plugin(NAME,VERSION,AUTHOR)     register_cvar("amx_overkill","1")     register_cvar("amx_ok_perc","100")     register_cvar("amx_ok_life_cap","0")     register_cvar("amx_ok_max","125")     amx_ok_reward_cap = register_cvar("amx_ok_reward_cap","25")     register_cvar("amx_ok_perc_capped","33")     register_cvar("amx_ok_ff","1")     register_event("DeathMsg","overkill","ade","5=0")     register_event("ResetHUD","load_health","be")     register_logevent("save_health",2,"1=Round_End")     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } //..// //line 68//     new reward_cap = get_pcvar_num(amx_ok_reward_cap)

- my plugins -
TwN
Old 05-01-2008 , 10:16   Re: Cvars won't register, getting "error 017: undefined symbol" on compile
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks it works, but why should I create pcvars (private ??) and should I do it for all that work w/o changing?
And why doesn't the normal way work? And is there any way to break out of a loop, (other then setting a var and waiting for the loop to finish)

Last edited by TwN; 05-01-2008 at 10:21. Reason: added question
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 05-01-2008 , 10:23   Re: Cvars won't register, getting "error 017: undefined symbol" on compile
Reply With Quote #4

You should use pcvars because it is better and faster. If you use *et_cvar_*, it has to search through all cvars until it finds the one it is looking for

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
TwN
Old 05-01-2008 , 10:32   Re: Cvars won't register, getting "error 017: undefined symbol" on compile
Reply With Quote #5

But why doesn't the "normal" way work
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 05-01-2008 , 10:48   Re: Cvars won't register, getting "error 017: undefined symbol" on compile
Reply With Quote #6

The old way works fine, it is you who has made the typo. The cvar name is a STRING, not a variable. So, using get_cvar_num(amx_ok_reward_cap) is incorrect. It has to be get_cvar_num("amx_ok_reward_cap")

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).