12% 

force_unmodified.. strange results

Post New Thread Reply   

MattOG
Old 02-24-2008 , 11:30   force_unmodified.. strange results
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light as to why this code:

Code:
#include <amxmodx> public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("File Checks","1.1","FR4G1L3") } public plugin_precache() {     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"sprites/gas_puff_01.spr")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/bhit_flesh-1.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/bhit_flesh-2.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/bhit_flesh-3.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/bhit_helmet-1.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/bhit_kevlar-1.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/pl_pain2.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/pl_pain4.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/pl_pain5.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/pl_pain6.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/pl_pain7.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/pl_fallpain1.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/pl_fallpain2.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/pl_fallpain3.wav")     force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"player/pl_shot1.wav") } public inconsistent_file(id,const filename[],reason[64]) {     new name[32]     new uid[32]     get_user_authid(id,uid,31)     get_user_name(id,name,31)     format(reason,63,"- Goto *** and check the forums.")     log_to_file("Filecheck.log","FILECHECK:- Player Name: %s. SteamID: %s. Failed File: %s.",name,uid,filename)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

Is detecting and blocking these files as well as the normal ones. I should add that it doesn't do it all the time. I myself fell victim, and had to restart cz to get on the server, yet I had only just started it the first time.

::EDIT::
It is being run on a condition zero server, just in case that matters.

Quote:
L 02/23/2008 - 2219: FILECHECK:- Player Name: Scal. SteamID: STEAM_0:1:***. Failed File: models/player/urban/urban.mdl.
L 02/23/2008 - 222:17: FILECHECK:- Player Name: Scal. SteamID: STEAM_0:1:***. Failed File: models/player/urban/urban.mdl.
L 02/23/2008 - 222:44: FILECHECK:- Player Name: Scal. SteamID: STEAM_0:1:***. Failed File: models/player/urban/urban.mdl.
L 02/23/2008 - 23:14:06: FILECHECK:- Player Name: backtrack #3. SteamID: STEAM_0:1:***. Failed File: models/player/guerilla/guerilla.mdl.
L 02/23/2008 - 19:28:21: FILECHECK:- Player Name: -=|_-Tjo|0|o-_|=-. SteamID: STEAM_0:0:***. Failed File: models/shield/p_shield_hegrenade.mdl.

+Karma If I helped

Last edited by MattOG; 02-24-2008 at 11:39.
MattOG
Old 02-27-2008 , 08:37   Re: force_unmodified.. strange results
Reply With Quote #2

Hi, I apologise for bumping this early, but it has dropped to the third page, and over the last two days has had no extra views, all were in the first day, with no replies.

+Karma If I helped
Styles
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2008 , 13:25   Re: force_unmodified.. strange results
Reply With Quote #3

Quoting Avalanche at [http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...t=inconsistent]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX View Post
inconsistent_file is called when the server identifies the client is using a file that is inconsistent with the server's that is flagged as required to be consistent.
So my guess is the server adn the client's model aren't the same.
Send a message via AIM to Styles
MattOG
Old 02-27-2008 , 23:09   Re: force_unmodified.. strange results
Reply With Quote #4

No, that's not the case, unless they can be modified "temporarily" by the server. I know for a fact they were stock, as it wouldn't let me on, all I did was restart cz and I got on, which doesn't change any of the model files. As a test, I actually went and knocked on the 1.6 models, then those halo models, and got on both times.

Secondly, even if it was down to having different models, the plugin isn't forcing those files, and so shouldn't detect them (further proved by my earlier test).

I'm wondering whether it's down to the placement of force_unmodified, but the precache seems the only logical place to stick it, secondly is it possible that i'm trying to force too many files?? Still don't really see why that would lead to this, but you never know!

+Karma If I helped
MattOG
Old 03-04-2008 , 08:01   Re: force_unmodified.. strange results
Reply With Quote #5

I take it there's no ideas??

Is the force_unmodified in the right place? i.e. the plugin_precache?

Is there a maximum amount of stuff you can put in precache?

Someone somewhere must have an idea, or is it going to go down as a bug in amxx where force_unmodified is checking files not required to be checked?

+Karma If I helped