Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2 Class limit

Post New Thread Reply   

physonic
Old 10-09-2009 , 17:37   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #221

Has anyone found a solution to the problem with the "forced changed" players keeping other weapons that their class originally should have?
I think this plugin had a similar issue, and the author made a fix https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...s+limit&page=2
This is the only plugin i can find that enables restriction of classes in relation to amount of players on the server, so i would really appreciate a fix.
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2010 , 07:43   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #222

We had to disable this plugin as well on our server because since the WAR update (or maybe it was before that as well but we just started to use this plugin) we have problems with people going into a class that has max players pressing cancel and then select another class. You will be a scout with a sniper rifle or an engineer with a sniper rifle. We got a lot of complaints about this so had to disable the plugin.
Send a message via Skype™ to eraserhead
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2010 , 15:02   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #223

We have those same issues but, I dont know if theres any better maxclass plugin out that doesnt do that. : /
physonic
Old 01-06-2010 , 17:10   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #224

If you guys find one, i would appreciate it a lot if you. As of now we have to use the other one posted here for TF2, but it only provides percentage or fixed amounts of ppl, not scaled by number of players. I wish i could code myself, and i would have made it months ago. I wonder what other servers do for class limiting.
If anyone know how to fix the code it seems we are many who would thank you!
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2010 , 19:56   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #225

Well i found a workaround for our server. I have gotten reports from our players that this worked but could not verify it myself. Just try this plugin:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=73104

And then use this fix:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=129
Send a message via Skype™ to eraserhead
physonic
Old 01-10-2010 , 05:31   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #226

Thanks for the tip - although right now we are actually using that plugin and have no problems. The problem with that plugin is, that it can only limit on percentage or on fixed numbers, not by number of players (which is the only method making sense to me).
troppmann
Old 04-21-2010 , 17:31   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #227

ok, the plugin is on and i can use the only command available but the classes dont seem to be being restricted...i attached the maxclasstx file that is in the /tf/addons/sourcemod/configs directory...

is there something with this file that is making it not work?
Attached Files
File Type: txt MaxClass.txt (6.8 KB, 262 views)
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2010 , 18:41   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #228

@troppmann: This may be a bit late but I think I see your issue. On line 44 you are missing a }. That would make it so nothing afterward would make sense to the plugin.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2010 , 18:45   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #229

Anyone ever figure out how to keep the skins from messing up where a medic looks like a sniper etc?
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2010 , 20:53   Re: TF2 Class limit
Reply With Quote #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
Anyone ever figure out how to keep the skins from messing up where a medic looks like a sniper etc?
This plugin is fairly outdated and you should not be using this. Im not sure what the cause is that makes that happen but I switched to tsunamis plugin instead a while ago cause of that issue.