Arnold was a man with a problem. He was using EventScripts to send messages to players when certain events occurred. To remedy that, I created EventInfo.
EventInfo hooks game events and chat messages to send messages to players. It allows you to send it through a Hint message (Thanks to _pRED
), Chat Message, or a Menu (Technically, a Panel). The complete documentation of how to configure the plugin events are inside the cfg file.
- With .rar or .zip
- Download package, and extract to your mod directory (cstrike, dod, etc)
- With .smx and .cfg
- Download the .smx by clicking the "Get Plugin" link below, and download the .cfg. Place the .smx in your addons/sourcemod/plugins folder, and the .cfg in your addons/sourcemod/configs folder.
- [Arnold], for requesting it, and helping me with how it should work
- _pRED, for the Hint Text stocks. Much <3
- #sourcemod, for correcting my mistakes, big and small, challenging and stupid
- Insomnia, for keeping me from going to sleep. Well, maybe it was the Mountain Dew...
- Multiple types for each event
- I believe I'll just use StrContains for each type, after putting the Key into a string.
- Console commands to add and remove events
- GUI for those console commands
- Hook all commands, not just "say" and "say_team"
- Titles, colors, and spacers for type 2 (Menu/Panel)
- If anyone has any ideas on how I should go about parsing the Key to determine what to do with that line, don't hesitate to inform me!
- Fix the menu so that you can press any number and it clears the menu
- Initial release.
- Three types of messages
- Added delaying to send messages x seconds after an event or chat trigger.
This one's type 0 (Hint Text):
Here is type 1 (Chat Text):
Lastly, here's type 2 (Menu/Panel):