Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Stats by Steam ID - not by nick

Post New Thread Reply   

TEG
Old 07-25-2006 , 03:34   Stats by Steam ID - not by nick
Reply With Quote #1

I believe that wincsx is now part of the standard amx mod x setup and this is what I am using for stats on my server. I therefore hope that this is the correct forum for my post.

Here is my query:

The stats appear to be generated using players nick rather than their Steam ID. Subsequently, when players change their nick (and some do this a lot), they "open a new account" in my statsfiles and I get a longer list of players than is actually playing my server. The stats will also not show a true picture of the players skills this way. If the player dont like his stats as they stand, he need just change his nick. Is this how things are supposed to work, or is there a place where a setting can be changed?

TEG
TEG
Old 07-25-2006 , 07:56   Re: Stats by Steam ID - not by nick
Reply With Quote #2

Found this link http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=18171 which is somewhat the same, but authid is not SteamId (i think).

TEG
TEG
Old 07-26-2006 , 14:57   Re: Stats by Steam ID - not by nick
Reply With Quote #3

Stop racking your brains everyone. The answer appers to be this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidLuke
set cvar "csstats_rank" to :
0-rank by name
1- by authid
2- by ip

set cvar "csstats_reset" to 1 and change map to clear rank
Authid actually comes out as the players Steam ID after all.

Should really be giving my self karma now (and SidLuke off course) . Thanks TEG (and SidLuke).

TEG
John Ford
Old 07-31-2006 , 09:05   Re: Stats by Steam ID - not by nick
Reply With Quote #4

I tried to do this and the name ranking still comes up. Is it possible to have the steam id showing and not the player name. Could it be that the stats config doesn't account for bots because they dont have a steam id?
TEG
Old 08-01-2006 , 14:29   Re: Stats by Steam ID - not by nick
Reply With Quote #5

If you use wincsx you should get both, i.e. Steam Id and name. Stats are tied in with the Steam Id. Players can now change their nick but their stats will not change as a result of a change in nick.

Isn't that what you are trying to achieve?

TEG
John Ford
Old 08-01-2006 , 14:44   Re: Stats by Steam ID - not by nick
Reply With Quote #6

I was hoping to get the stats to display as steam id only without the nick name at all. That way you don't get people jumping on and off the server depending on their score. Since people don't track Steam id's the rank is only applicable to the person who is looking it up. I find that the stats has become a bit of an obession especially to those people who get the message after playing for a short while; "this steam id is being used in another location".

I apologize deeply, I'm running Linux.