Raised This Month: $81 Target: $400
 20% 

Confused...


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
XxUndeadSniperxX
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Old 03-29-2005 , 11:15   Confused...
Reply With Quote #1

Ok i havnt been on forums for a while now and im a little confused.
(With other account XunTric, forgot my pass )
Are Source Mod released or not?
I cant find a link to download it, but i see plugins for it and stuff.
How can people make plugins when its not released and dont know the code system on Source Mod? (If its not released...)

Btw: What programming langauge is Source Mod going to use? I hope small! I started learning it on AMX Mod X for some months ago and its going to be boring to start on a whole new langauge again...

Thanks
XxUndeadSniperxX is offline
PM
hello, i am pm
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canalization
Old 03-29-2005 , 15:02  
Reply With Quote #2

SourceMod is not released, the plugins you see are normal server plugins.
__________________
hello, i am pm
PM is offline
devicenull
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: CT
Old 03-29-2005 , 19:18  
Reply With Quote #3

Javascript will be the main language. There may be support for Small plugins, but it will never be offical.
__________________
Various bits of semi-useful code in a bunch of languages: http://code.devicenull.org/
devicenull is offline
XunTric
BANNED
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway/Norge
Old 03-30-2005 , 08:57  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull
Javascript will be the main language. There may be support for Small plugins, but it will never be offical.
*Looks bad after sourcemod team*

So the official langauge will be Javascript, but people can still make as much Small scripts they want and they will allways be working fine, like on AMX Mod X?
Ok so where can i find some Javascript toturials? hehe...

And btw:

1. My console aint working on cs:source. How can you kick and stuff on other server plugins? Is it just me, or havnt steam made a console yet?

2. will sourcemod be a plugin to another mod again? Like amxmodx is a plugin for metamod... Or can you just download source mod when it comes, and thats it?
XunTric is offline
PM
hello, i am pm
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canalization
Old 03-30-2005 , 09:25  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XunTric
2. will sourcemod be a plugin to another mod again? Like amxmodx is a plugin for metamod... Or can you just download source mod when it comes, and thats it?
90%.... yes, it will be a plugin.
__________________
hello, i am pm
PM is offline
XunTric
BANNED
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway/Norge
Old 03-30-2005 , 11:52  
Reply With Quote #6

Ok thanks, but i had 2 other questions too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by XunTric
So the official langauge will be Javascript, but people can still make as much Small scripts they want and they will allways be working fine, like on AMX Mod X?
Ok so where can i find some Javascript toturials? hehe...

And btw:

1. My console aint working on cs:source. How can you kick and stuff on other server plugins? Is it just me, or havnt steam made a console yet?
XunTric is offline
PM
hello, i am pm
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canalization
Old 03-30-2005 , 15:47  
Reply With Quote #7

1.) Try to start the game with -console (set it in it's options) and press ESC for console (or something like that ;) )
__________________
hello, i am pm
PM is offline
lunatic00
Member
Join Date: Dec 2004
Old 03-30-2005 , 18:23  
Reply With Quote #8

or
console = options > keyboard > advanced
then check enable developer console (~)
lunatic00 is offline
XunTric
BANNED
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway/Norge
Old 04-01-2005 , 10:30  
Reply With Quote #9

Kk i fixed the console.
So where can I learn javascript?
XunTric is offline
Mani
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Old 04-01-2005 , 12:11  
Reply With Quote #10

www.google.com may give you some links

or the old fashioned way by using a book ;)

Mani
__________________
Installation files, documentation and help can be found at: -

www.mani-admin-plugin.com
Mani is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode