Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Question about copyrights and such.

Post New Thread Reply   

Born2Lose
Old 10-05-2005 , 13:36   Question about copyrights and such.
Reply With Quote #1

Vittu or JTP i know you had a post on this or something a couple months ago.

My question is: Is it possible to get a hero copyrighted or patented? because a while ago i thought you said that everything that was scripted or made for amx is shareware and illegal to keep to yourself or something. Sorry if this is a little confusing, but i don't remember much about it, i haven't been to these forums in ages.

And hey everyone, if there still is some old timers i know.
Never Fall Asleep
Old 10-05-2005 , 15:21  
Reply With Quote #2

copyrighted? Patend? umm no.
AMXX/Meatmod are GPL'ed so that means whenever your releasing a hero you must provide source.
This is an open source project as well thus why we REQUIRE the source to everything. So getting something
copyrighted or patend has no sense in it.
Born2Lose
Old 10-05-2005 , 15:22  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecode
copyrighted? Patend? umm no.
AMXX/Meatmod are GPL'ed so that means whenever your releasing a hero you must provide source.
This is an open source project as well thus why we REQUIRE the source to everything. So getting something
copyrighted or patend has no sense in it.
No i don't want to do it, i just wanted the info. That's all i was asking, since it's open source. That's why people can't just keep things to thereselves.

Anyways thanks FreeCode you answered my question.
Never Fall Asleep
Old 10-05-2005 , 15:24  
Reply With Quote #4

the only way source can be closed is if its not a public release such as a testing beta or anything like that. a public release must have a source with it.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 10-05-2005 , 19:23  
Reply With Quote #5

@Freecode: The reason he's asking or what he's actually asking is - Is there a way to stop people from making/releasing heroes that you created, but never released or plan on releasing. The answer is no, and they don't even have to give you credit if they didn't use/see any of your source code.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2005 , 21:04  
Reply With Quote #6

People who make heroes and dont share them are fucking retarded
Old 10-06-2005 , 09:36  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu
@Freecode: The reason he's asking or what he's actually asking is - Is there a way to stop people from making/releasing heroes that you created, but never released or plan on releasing. The answer is no, and they don't even have to give you credit if they didn't use/see any of your source code.
Yeah, i figured that this was the answer. Just trying to help one of my friends out, because they wanted to see if they can get a copyright or a patent on a hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTP10181
People who make heroes and dont share them are fucking retarded
I would have to agree with you, things are mean't to be shared, and well if you don't share them. And if everyone didn't share they're stuff, basically looks like we would all be screwed.