Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Enforce Gametypes [v1.4 (26-Jun-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

alliedfront
Old 01-06-2024 , 15:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Enforce Gametypes [v1.4 (26-Jun-2023)]
Reply With Quote #21

Tx @Mystik Spiral,

excuse my noob question to you coder, but why do i have to declare sm_cvar in front of the variables to be recognized by the server? These arent sourcemod specific, arent they?

Last edited by alliedfront; 01-06-2024 at 15:03.
Mystik Spiral
Old 01-07-2024 , 08:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Enforce Gametypes [v1.4 (26-Jun-2023)]
Reply With Quote #22

@alliedfront Take a look at this Valve document listing L4D2 variables:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._and_variables

Note that "sb_all_bot_game" is classified as a "cheat", so the game engine does not let you change it. By putting "sm_cvar" in front of the command, it allows SourceMod to change the variable.
Old 01-11-2024 , 18:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Enforce Gametypes [v1.4 (26-Jun-2023)]
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
@alliedfront Take a look at this Valve document listing L4D2 variables:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._and_variables

Note that "sb_all_bot_game" is classified as a "cheat", so the game engine does not let you change it. By putting "sm_cvar" in front of the command, it allows SourceMod to change the variable.
I see. Thank you.
S.A.S
Old 01-11-2024 , 21:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Enforce Gametypes [v1.4 (26-Jun-2023)]
Reply With Quote #24

If this plugin is installed, it is possible to connect to the server only through ip and mm_dedicated_force_servers, without connect ip and mm_dedicated_force_servers ip, it does not connect to the server, testing took several hours the server was empty all this time, after disabling plugin people immediately appeared on the server

I don't use sv_hibernate_when_empty and mp_gamemode in server.cfg only sv_gametypes .

i tested, if remove this from the plugin, everything works fine
Code:
ServerCommand("sm_cvar sv_hibernate_when_empty 0; sm_cvar sb_all_bot_game 1");

Last edited by S.A.S; 01-12-2024 at 06:44.
Mystik Spiral
Old 01-15-2024 , 16:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Enforce Gametypes [v1.4 (26-Jun-2023)]
Reply With Quote #25

@S.A.S That is the opposite behavior I observed in my testing. Without that command the server could sometimes hibernate before the map change completed leaving match-making in an unknown state. When the map changes, the server.cfg is loaded which is why it is recommended to have those variables set the way you want them in the server.cfg. My server runs 24/7 and I have had zero problems with this plugin or match-making. Instead of modifying the plugin, try adding sv_hibernate_when_empty and sb_all_bot_game to your L4D2 server.cfg file.