This is a new version of Semiclip plugin after all updates broke the previous methods, we managed to discover a new way to implement a safer Semiclip.
Solution: (This plugin)
- Due to the great amount of engine changes Svengine suffered over the time, the older Metamod implementation broke and apparently there wasn't a way to fix it.
- anggaranothing released a new version of Semiclip using Sven Co-op's own scripting language, AngelScript. However, there are several problems that affect the functionality and make playing with this plugin more a hassle than an improvement:
- This implementation uses groupinfo, making the players invisible when nearby.
- This may also break custom maps that make use of this.
- AngelScript doesn't have AddToFullPack, so it's actually impossible to render players using AS alone, you could in theory "fix" this by using AMXX.
- Sven Co-op made a small change that automatically unstuck colliding players, so if you try to boost someone there are high chances that you will be sent flying away.
- This plugin uses Orpheu and hooks directly in the function responsible for allowing collision between entities.
- AddToFullPack is also implemented, so players will not rubberband when going through each other.
- Boosting between players feels extremely smooth, almost native. Although it still a little trickier to reach higher places, because you need to jump before the player below stands up or else you'll fall through.
- It gives us more liberty on a easy to read code, it will allow us to implement more features like PVP support on maps that support it. (Which is currently a to-do!)
Enables the plugin. Takes effect on map start. Default 1.
The AMD binary included with SvenDS is not supported and the plugin will not work with it. The server will start with this binary automatically if you have an AMD processor, but you can override this by adding the following command line parameter.
Even if you do not use this plugin it is recommended to do it as it there are reports of the AMD binary being very buggy.
Download and Source Code:
- Helped me a lot with Orpheu and explaining me how the game works internally, and pretty much this plugin wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for him.
This project is now on GitHub
. You can also see the project's changelog, report issues and being able to download pre-release (development) versions.
Latest Stable Version
All Versions (Including Pre-Release)
Download from AlliedModders:
You need to download the .sma file and compile the plugin because the AlliedModders forum compiler lacks the necessary includes to provide you with a working binary.