Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Just got spammed - cont. (vittu: hit wrong split button)

Post New Thread Reply   

kanu | DarkPredator
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:39   Just got spammed - cont. (vittu: hit wrong split button)
Reply With Quote #1

You have to remember that not all who post here represent the support team (Which is an EXCELLENT one at that).
BTW, who is the support team? Currently I believe there is only one active offical member of that team. (There are others that help a lot)
If the support team is rude, it is only due to the human nature of being angry when someone pisses you off. If I was the support team, I would have gone to jail for killing someone by now.

Who is Sarge? He is not on member list.
Who spammed you? And where? Do you mean you got e-mails because someone responded to your posts?
If so, how often do you check your e-mail? Once every two weeks?
BANNED
Old 02-18-2005 , 18:41  
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Who spammed you? And where? Do you mean you got e-mails because someone responded to your posts?
If so, how often do you check your e-mail? Once every two weeks?
Now see this is a prime example its automatically someone else who is not capable of running their own computer.

My email is checked every 5 minutes. I bring 25 million readers a year to my site and am quite capable of running a server.

There is no excuse for letting members rattle off like they have a say. If you don't boot the rude SOB's who have no patience for those of use who have jobs that actually support their work, then the staff is guilty of neglect.

VITTO above was the direct SOB of this conversation.

The board emailed me updates of tracked forums from 2 months ago. Its as if they have had emails caught in their que for 2 months and someone fixed their DNS.

You can't let a place get this big and let 14yrold smart asses run you back into the ground. My company donated $25,000 last year to "private code builders" to support what I see as a "positive" move forward.

I have printed out and fired employees who I found treating customers in this fashion on OTHER sites. The web is so wonderful for you future coders. I can Google you up and find out if you have been a little prick BEFORE I hire you.

Do you support your work?
Do you respond to questions?
Can you take critism?

I added a post to a few characters just to be notified when they were current by their AUTHORS. Not to have a smart ass claim I was spamming the boards. Just simply wanted the author to take pride and ownership in their work, or at least state they have abandoned it.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-18-2005 , 18:43  
Reply With Quote #3

Oh he's talking about me being an ass to him cause I'm tired of people spamming if a hero is/can be compiled for certain amx versions, where if they bothered to search or look around a bit they'd find what i said above...

I take no real offence to any comments so it's no big deal whatever he wants to call me. And if that's what he wants to do with his servers that's his deal, I have no gripes. But GunMuse there is an option in your profile to make it not send you emails when your post has been replied to, I'd suggest you change that if you have such a problem with it.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
kanu | DarkPredator
Old 02-18-2005 , 19:52  
Reply With Quote #4

Who are you??
What company do you work for?
What OTHER sites?

I promise I won't slander you/company in any way.

And how does any of this apply to a work setting where ppl are hired or fired? Ppl do hard work here for nothing. So if someone gives them disrespect, they get treated rudely. No one is asking you to make a donation. IF you appreciate superhero mod then donate whatever you want.

Quote:
Now see this is a prime example its automatically someone else who is not capable of running their own computer.
I think my computer runs ok.
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-18-2005 , 21:40  
Reply With Quote #5

Doh, yes im a dumbass I hit the wrong button when i split the post by mistake, original split starts here - http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=32507
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Alphabet Soup
Old 02-19-2005 , 06:15  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
The site is engaged in a spamming campaign.
When I received the emails I just assumed it was an accident. No biggy--who cares! That's what my trusty delete button's for. I thought it was pretty funny.
Superhero CS - 216.100.165.90:27010 (Non-Saved XP)
WarCraft CS - 216.100.165.101:27010 (Saved XP)
Night Slayer
Old 02-20-2005 , 01:36  
Reply With Quote #7

I don't have a problem with it. I've been here longer then most of you except vittu and JTP. I had like 300 mail spams at me. I didn't see any frustration in that, all I had to do is click the Sender button and hit delete.
kanu | DarkPredator
Old 02-20-2005 , 13:49  
Reply With Quote #8

lol, i see what the problem was now... i just got 45 emails from the forums!
but all i had to do was click delete. and presto! problem solved
Old 02-20-2005 , 19:37  
Reply With Quote #9

ive been here longer than even night slayer and i am yet to recieve even a single email from the forums...

btw.. what were the emails about? did they just say that someone replied to your post...?
-[IR]-Servers | Superhero Mod 24.14.27.156:27015
Fast+Saved+Mercy XP, 14 players max, Custom Heros+Maps, 30 Levels
START AT LVL 4! E-mail [email protected] for buying level/admin details.
Send a message via AIM to Iconoclast Send a message via MSN to Iconoclast
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2005 , 22:15  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
The board emailed me updates of tracked forums from 2 months ago. Its as if they have had emails caught in their que for 2 months and someone fixed their DNS.
that is exactly right, although it is not my webserver so I have no control over it, after bugging the owner for months to fix the RDNS for the servers domain he finally did. Most e-mails should have just gotten trashed though. I never got any old e-mails that should have gone to me. Its possible your mailserver was storing them until it could verify the RDNS of the mail server it came from. Dunno....

Also were any of these "SPAM" messages really spam? Or was it just old topic reply notifications? It is possible the webservers mail queue was stuck from a while ago and the owner finally flushed it out.