This plugin introduces unusual effects from Team Fortress 2. Also includes trails and auras.
See here for a (almost) full overview.
I developed this plugin several years ago when I used to own a gaming community. I was deleting some folders to free up space the other day when I found it and thought it would be a waste to delete it as it still might be useful for some of you. The code ain't pretty, it uses the old syntax but hey it works I think.
- 57 head effects (Team Fortress 2 unusual effects)
- 44 feet effects (Auras and trails)
- Toggleable third person on the menu.
- Download the plugin archive.
- Upload everything to your gameserver.
- Edit addons/sourcemod/databases.cfg and add a database entry for the plugin:
- Edit server convars on cfg/sourcemod/unusual_effects.cfg to your taste.
Open the menu:
- sm_ue_method - This plugin has two alternative ways of putting the effects on the players: normal (more stable, can't hide head effects in first person), experimental (buggy, sometimes doesn't work but hides head effects in first person). Default value: normal
- sm_ue_flag - Restrict usage of the plugin to players with the given sourcemod flag. If left empty everyone can access it. Default value: o
- sm_ue_allow_thirdperson - Allow the usage of third person on the menu. Default value: 1
- Players can't see the effects the first time they connect after downloading the files from the server. This is unavoidable. The client's game engine only loads the particle effects next time the map changes.
(15/03/2020) - Removed server convar related to restricting access to menu after X seconds passed since the round started. Added server convar to restrict access to third person.
(14/03/2020) - Initial release.